• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Walk in the Light

Staff Member
If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 1 John 1:6 ESV

Walking in fellowship with God means you partake in His power, no longer living according to the dictates of your flesh. That’s not to say you no longer sin. Just two verses later, John says, “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” Instead, it means you don’t accept your sin. You are unwilling to stay in sin. You are willing to fight against it by rooting it out and dragging it into the light.

Do you have a besetting sin that you have all but given up fighting because you’ve lost hope? If so, have you pulled away from Christian community, fearing how others might perceive your sin? The Christian life was never intended to be lived in solitude, in darkness. It was meant to be lived in light and fellowship with fellow believers.

Your church probably offers small groups. Begin attending one and resolve to be honest with the men in the group about your struggles. If your church doesn’t offer small groups, find a Bible study where can live out your faith in the light with others.

Prayer: Lord, I want to walk in the light. Direct me to a group of believers who will help me do that.