• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Waiting For The Lord

Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children ; and she had an handmaid ,an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar and Sarai said unto Abram , behold now,the Lord hath restrained me from bearing; I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may obtain children by her.And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai .Gen.16.1-2.

This is well known story that talking about the birth of Ishmael. Sarai gave Hagar to Abram as a substitute wife, a common practice of those days. A married woman who could not have children was often required to give a female servant to her husband in order to produce heirs. The children born to the servant woman were considered the children of the wife. Abram was acting in line with the custom of the day but his action showed a lack of faith that GOD would fulfill his promise. Gen.15.1-5.

Barrenness in the lives of Abram and Sarai led them to lose confidence in GOD and His promises. Some time GOD allows us to be in barren place for a purpose .Perhaps we are longing for a child , a spouse, a house, a job, a ministry, a new church building , a trip we have wanted to take.What ever it may be .we have to remember that GOD has His perfect purposes for these difficult times.

When we go ahead of God as Sarai took matters into her hands by giving Hagar to Abram. We make babies born in flesh ,according to the teaching of New Testament ,just like Ishmael. But when we wait fro GOD,s perfectly appointed time, a baby is born in the spirit like Isaac. That is what I want .I want the Lord to develop the patience in me that can wait for His perfect will to be done. HOW ABOUT YOU ?.

My Dears, we all face hardship and difficult decisions today,But avoid striving to fulfill God's promises by yourself. Doing so always produces undesired results.

Believe GOD's promise to you. He knows how to bring them to pass although you may not.
Trust that GOD will provide what He promises and his nature is to provide.
GOD is faithful to His plan and promises, even when human complicate the process.
Let me tell you, sometimes, I sure do wish He had not .But Let us give these things to the Lord today and allow Him to provide for us in perfect way and time.

JACOB.C.CHACKO
MISSIONS ASIA
INDIA

Ann

During difficult or impossible times we must find a new way of looking at our situation. Patience always begins by changing the way we think about something and there is always more than one way!

Thank you for sharing I pray that it will help someone in a difficult situation to be patient and wait on the Lord, Who's timing is perfectly perfect.

Blessings!