• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Voicing Our Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Voicing our thanks helps because when we do, we remind ourselves of how blessed we are. I often find myself thanking God for clean water. I am reminded of how blessed I am to go to a faucet anywhere and anytime I desire and get clean water. I'm thankful for my computer. Without it, I couldn't share this message God put on my heart. Sure, I can tell my husband or share it with a close friend, but through Talk Jesus; God can use me to reach the world! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! We are blessed to have a computer!

Do you voice your gratitude to God and to the people He uses to help and bless you? Take a moment and think back on yesterday. How many people did you come in contact with that were a blessing to you? Was it your spouse, your child, your neighbor, your doctor, your relative, your friend, a stranger? It could be anybody! Did you know that a simple smile from a person is a blessing from God? A simple smile you give someone and a smile someone gives you is a gesture of love from God.

How many people do we pass each day who never smile unless we smile first; and then sometimes they still don't smile. I pray for them. Life tries to beat us up, steal our joy, and make us live for self. God gave us a new heart! God gave us a thankful heart! There are many hurting people in the world today. Many of our own Brothers and Sisters in Christ are hurting. When we smile at someone or greet them with a "Hello", we're saying to them;" I approve of you, you're important in this world! You're one of God's creations and He loves you!"

So, do you voice your thanks to the strangers you pass everyday? They could be angels! Hebrews 13:2-Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. The Holy Spirit dwells within our hearts and He will prompt us when to pray, sometimes when we least expect Him.

Do you voice your thanks to the people who bag your groceries or do you ignore them? God loves them just as much as He loves you. We need to show them the same respect as we do our own family members. Romans 12:10-Love one another warmly as Christians, and be eager to show respect for one another. Matthew 7:12-Therefore, however you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. James 2:9-But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. Luke 6:31-Do for others just what you want them to do for you.

We see God's will throughout the Bible in instructions to be thankful, to walk in love, to give, to repent of our sins, to stay peaceful, and others. I encourage you to take some time everyday and choose to think of all the things and people God has blessed you with, and "Voice"your thanks to Him. I also encourage you (a little project), to pick a day, and from the moment you leave your home and enter the world, jot down on a piece of paper as many strangers as you can remember that you pass during the day. Then that night before you go to bed, say a little prayer for them. Your simple prayer just might save a person's soul, or heal a wounded heart.

Lord, help us to 'Voice" our thanks for the people You place in our lives. Help us to notice every stranger we pass each day and to bless them with a smile from You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Love in Christ,
Jan :smile: