• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Victory over Fear

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD [is] the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

If you’re honest with yourself, you’d probably have to admit that the future scares you on some level. Honestly, there seem to be legitimate reasons for experiencing some fear about the prospect of economic downturns, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, crime…The list is seemingly endless.

This world is a scary place, and much of what happens in it gives you reason to be concerned. And while it’s certainly no sin to feel some level of apprehension over the world around you and where it’s headed, God tells you that you shouldn’t allow fear to dominate you.

That’s because you can rest in the assurance that your God isn’t some distant deity but a loving heavenly Father who says, “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your god. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).

When fear attempts to make its way into your heart and your thinking—and it most certainly will try at times—you can take comfort in knowing that you have a loving heavenly Father who is bigger and mightier than any reason for fear the world can throw your way.