• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Unbelief

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"How long will it be ere they believe me?"—Numbers 14:11.

Strive with all diligence to keep out that monster unbelief. It so dishonours Christ, that He will withdraw His visible presence if we insult Him by indulging it.

It is true it is a weed, the seeds of which we can never entirely extract from the soil, but we must aim at its root with zeal and perseverance. Among hateful things it is the most to be abhorred. Its injurious nature is so venomous that he that exerciseth it and he upon whom it is exercised are both hurt thereby.

In thy case, O believer! it is most wicked, for the mercies of thy Lord in the past, increase thy guilt in doubting Him now. When thou dost distrust the Lord Jesus, He may well cry out, "Behold I am pressed under you, as a cart is pressed that is full of sheaves." This is crowning His head with thorns of the sharpest kind. It is very cruel for a well-beloved wife to mistrust a kind and faithful husband. The sin is needless, foolish, and unwarranted.

Jesus has never given the slightest ground for suspicion, and it is hard to be doubted by those to whom our conduct is uniformly affectionate and true. Jesus is the Son of the Highest, and has unbounded wealth; it is shameful to doubt Omnipotence and distrust all-sufficiency. The cattle on a thousand hills will suffice for our most hungry feeding, and the granaries of heaven are not likely to be emptied by our eating.

If Christ were only a cistern, we might soon exhaust His fulness, but who can drain a fountain? Myriads of spirits have drawn their supplies from Him, and not one of them has murmured at the scantiness of His resources. Away, then, with this lying traitor unbelief, for his only errand is to cut the bonds of communion and make us mourn an absent Saviour. Bunyan tells us that unbelief has "as many lives as a cat:" if so, let us kill one life now, and continue the work till the whole nine are gone. Down with thee, thou traitor, my heart abhors thee.

Charles Spurgeon

Active
HE raises vessels unto honor and unto dishonor; hast thou still not believed on the only begotten Son of God?

To honor God without respector of persons appears to be dishonor to the natural physical world.

One said, I will go with you but first let me go bury my father.
Jesus said, let the dead bury their dead.
Dishonoring to men; while yet honoring Father God.

Then they brought to Him a woman, caught in the very act of adultry, worthy of being STONED!
Jesus said, who here is without sin, let him cast the first stone.
They filed out eldest to the youngest and left her alone.
Dishonoring to men; while yet honoring Father God.

I can go on.

Do we know Him yet? His love for the Father and all mankind?
His character and compassion, His love and His grace?

Jesus said, if thou wilt be PERFECT, go and sell all that ye own and come follow Me; not only to the rich young ruler but to all who receive Him.

For we can not serve two masters; having put his hand to a plow, and looking back, can not be My disciple.

Double mindedness is abundant in this world.

Can we just trust Him, go forth in Him, and think nothing for our life?
How much greater reward God will provide, than one we could give for ourself?

All praise glory and honor be unto God Amen

Staff Member
Scripture says ...be perfect as your Father is...
Who of us looks into a mirror and sees it? Are we at times more like Paul...oh wretched creature that I am...
So daily we pick up the cross to drag it at times through the muck and filth of the imperfect life we live. Yet, not giving up on being the overcomers that we are called to be!
Some travel this road to the edge of despair. While others might even call this to the edge of unbelief.
Some would have us travel this road alone no matter how weak one may be.
Not so my brothers and sisters! Some are able and Glory to God that this is the case for some! Alleluia!!
Yet, enough scripture is written to show us the need to support each other in prayer and burden carrying that none on the precipice of falling completely may be salvaged from death!
So if confident in our own salvation we are. Then let us step forward in Holy Spirit power to uplift those whose candles are dimming with warnings, admonishings, prayers, compassion, patience as time allows but most especially in the same Love our Lord Jesus has showered upon us that none may be lost!! Blessings to the Father forever! Amen!
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
In our weakness HE is strong. And praise God for it.

When we drag our cross with us through the mud and muck of our imperfect (physical) life, it is because we have not forsook all and separated ourselves from this world, (overcoming it, just as He did).

Whether we accept the Word or not, doesn't make it less true.

I am still bound to it, catering to family demands; trying to make a dollar to give to uncle Sam.

Yes, what I do I shouldn't do and what I should do I do it not. Yes it is the thorn in my side, oh wretched (being) that I am.

All praise glory and honor be unto God Amen

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
I am being reminded of a scripture that says this....

2Tim 2:13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.

Faith is not all inclusive, which means we might have faith in our salvation, but we might have unbelief in others ares of our life. Faith does not grow in "quality" it grows in "quantity". Each and every "promise" of God brings with it it's own separate "faith", and peace. I might have faith, and peace with God by my faith in my salvation, but I could have unbelief in healing for my body. It is a simple fix, just go to the Word of God and extract out the faith that healing scriptures gives us. Then but that exact faith right back into the promise from where you received it!!

Active
Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
A Christian Counseling 27
A Prayer Request 2