• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Ultimate Intimacy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Ultimate Intimacy:

I have been born again for more than 40+ years, and within those 40+ years the Lord has taught me things that has caused me to rejoice almost more than I could handle!!! There are no words I could ever chose to say to anyone that could transfer this joy to another person. I try to act some what subdued around other brothers, and sisters in the Lord because sometimes it becomes “annoying” to people when they see someone always happy, rejoicing, not seeming to have any problems in their life. It can seem to be not human!!!!
:smile:

If someone would ask me what are two of the greatest things I have learned in 40+ years I would have to say that the Bible is NOT about man's fall and restoration, even though man is mentioned a lot in scriptures. The Bible is about God, and in how he decided to bring forth a “companion” (a bride) for himself!! This is evident when we read the Book of Genesis with a open heart to the Holy Spirit as he reveals this.

After God formed, and created man in his image, and after his likeness he began creating the animals, and he brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. What we don't see, is that the Lord God was actually looking for a “COMPANION” ( a bride) for Adam so he could share his most intimate thoughts, and feelings with.

Gen 2:18 The LORD God said, "IT IS NOT GOOD FOR THE MAN TO BE ALONE. I WILL MAKE A COMPANION FOR HIM WHO CORRESPONDS TO HIM."
Gen 2:19 THE LORD GOD FORMED OUT OF THE GROUND EVERY LIVING ANIMAL OF THE FIELD AND EVERY BIRD OF THE AIR. HE BROUGHT THEM TO THE MAN TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD NAME THEM, and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.
Gen 2:20 So the man named all the animals, the birds of the air, and the living creatures of the field, BUT FOR ADAM NO COMPANION WHO CORRESPONDED TO HIM WAS FOUND. (NET)

I ask myself, did God know before he started creating the animals looking for a companion” for Adam that none would be found? Of course he knew no animal could ever take the place of a companion (a bride) for Adam. Then why even mentioned it in scripture????? Why not just say, “and God created all the animals, and Adam named them?? Because the Lord wanted us, the reader to see that only "like kind" beings can have true intimacy.

Animals are cool, and everything, but they are no match for a spiritual being made in the image of God!!! Woman was created from man, and she is of his kind, and as both of them are in God's likeness, and image.

Angels were not made in the image, or likeness of God. Even though they are powerful, and have wisdom, they can not have true intimacy with God unless they are of his “kind” This is what Genesis teaches us, that only “like kind” beings can be “companions” Angels do NOT live in God, and God does not live inside Angels!!! The only spiritual beings that live in God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and now us his companion, his bride!!!

If it was NOT good for man to be alone, then it is NOT good for God to be alone either!!!

Ultimate intimacy is only possible when one spiritual being lives inside another spiritual being!!!

For instance, if I had a friend called “Bob”, and I asked Bob how he was doing, he might say, “I am doing great!!!”, but Bob was not really doing great, he only said he was. Even though I might hang out with Bob every single day, and get to know him personally I still would never be able to know what he was really thinking, or feelings unless he told me so. This is not a good way to really know someone up close and personal.

If God is living inside of us then we should know what he is thinking, and feeling as his life has now become our life!!! In the same way, God would know our thoughts, and we would know his thoughts without even speaking them!!!

No body knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of man which is in him, even so, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God!!! We have received not the spirit of this world, but the Spirit which is of God so we might know the thoughts of God. (1 Cor 2:11-12)

We have the fruit of the Spirit which comes from God, not from our selves!!! We should know God in a ultimate way not because he lives on the outside of us, but because he lives on the inside of us revealing his ways, feeling, and thoughts as we are being used by him!!!! If we know this, and understand it, it changes everything about our intimacy with the lord.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0