• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

UGLY ( The Final Makeover and Metamorphosis of the Unrighteous)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active

So I was thinking of something. It came to me like a revelation, perhaps it wasn't but search the scriptures and see
if you can recognize the voice in truth in this. "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27. Don't listen to my voice but listen to see if you can find the voice of your savior in this, if you can, believe it, if you don't hear His voice, dismiss it. So first I have to say that this is circumstantial Biblical interpretation, meaning, I am not talking about one particular verse but an idea that I think the whole of scripture supports. Since it is not one clear scripture that I can pin down and say this is truth, I leave this open that I may be wrong and ask you to judge yourself accordingly and not taking my word for it. Don't take this as truth but see for yourself as those who profess to be teachers will be held to a higher standard, so I put this as a disclaimer and state that I'm not teaching a truth but exploring something that seems to be true. ("Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly." - James 3:1)

Ok, I starting thinking about how upon the return of Christ we will be transformed into our glorious new self.
1st Corinthians 15:52-53 reads, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." This verse reminds me that we will be changed when Jesus comes.

So we ask, change into what? Well, Paul reminded us in 1st Corinthians 3:18(KJV), "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." The NIV reads, "And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." This reminds us that our souls are being transformed back into the image of God. Remember in Genesis chapter one verse 27 when God created us in His image ("So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"-Gen 1:27.) This "image" we know wasn't that we looked like God in the flesh, because God is not flesh but spirit (John 4:24). I believe this points to the fact that we had some resemblance to God in our souls. We know that sin marred the image of God in us and we lost perfection, this is why everyone after Adam and Eve are born not perfectly in the image of God but in the flawed images of their parents. We see flaws traits even in mental health from addiction to personalities transferred from parent to child (because the child is made in their(2) parents image,not God's image anymore). This reminds me of the sanctification process, we are saved but we are being transformed literally in our souls to reflect and resemble our initial image of God.

Verses like Romans 12:2 that say, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will" point towards this reality. It reminds me that as the WORD of God transforms us, once again we are literally getting a scriptural make-up in our souls into our beautiful self we once were. I also think about verses like Romans 8:18 which say, "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" and I believe that the glory that will be reveal will be about revealing the beauty in our souls that God will unveil upon His return. For me Romans 8:18 sounds similar to how an athlete goes through pain when He/She is exercising but isn't deterred because that pain is the proof that inside their muscle fibers are building up stronger than before and one day the glory(beauty) of their new body(courtesy of their workout) will be revealed for all to see. The same will be with our souls as they reveal for all a glorious beauty that will be seen with spiritual eyes.

Now, all that has come before is just foundation and context for me to set up my real point. We ask, if the righteous are being transformed into beautiful beings what about the unrighteous? Well, scripture doesn't say specifically but I interpret it to point to the fact that the exact opposite is happening for them. I believe that scriptures point to the fact that as individuals sin and constantly walk in that lifestyle apart from God, they are being transformed likewise in their souls into hideous ugly creatures(spiritual beings). Remember children resemble their parents, God's children will resemble him and likewise I believe this will be the case with Satan's children. Jesus clearly told some that the Devil was their daddy. John 8:44 reads, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." I do not believe that those who are sinning and sinning and have not accepted forgiveness are just staying the same in their souls. If the righteous by walking with Jesus are being cleansed and made cleaner, I believe that the unrighteous who keep the company of Satan(through a lifestyle of sin, lying, cheating, etc) are being made filthier and uglier. If you don't believe this try walking in sin and see if you don't feel dirtier on the inside and filthier than before.

When the Bible talks about Jesus cleansing us of our sins, I believe it is more than just a metaphor. Of course on one level it is, but on another I think it is a literal example of how Jesus actually cleans us of the ugliness and filth that literally stains our souls physically(spiritual actually). In Jesus days people were always thinking worldly while Jesus was talking about the spiritual. We see this when the people were telling Jesus that you become defiled by what you eat(always looking at the physical) but Jesus looking at our souls said, "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.(Matthew 15:11)" I see the scripture clearly revealing that the ugliness of a person (though hidden by the flesh) can be seen through our ugly words, as Luke 6:45 reads, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh." I believe this relates to the old saying about someone looking beautiful on the outside but ugly on the inside. I believe is more than just a metaphor but an actual spiritual truth. I believe you actually become ugly in your souls when you walk a path of sin. That lying, that stealing, the lust, I believe literally makes us dirty in our souls. The spiritual world is real, it is not just all fuzzy magical concepts, but real spiritual realities. Don't forget, what we see if temporary but what we don't see is that real world that will last forever ( 2nd Corinthians 4:18, "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." ) So when the Bible talks about being washed and cleaned, it is not just talking about fuzzy concepts that are not real but trying to use worldly analogy to help us grasp the realities of the true spiritual world. The good news is that Jesus can clean us, which is why when were confess we receive Christ the old ugly man goes away and He literally scrubs our dirty ugly old self clean new. We don't see this in the flesh, but I believe this is a actual reality when one comes to Jesus, as real as you looking at your hands before you.

This also puts other scriptures into light for me. There are many scriptures that talk about following Jesus now so we won't be ashamed when He returns ("For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.") Luke 9:26). So ask yourself what might unbelievers be ashamed about. They already made a choice not to follow Jesus and don't want anything to do with Him, therefore; it doesn't seem to me like a shame because they didn't finished the work Jesus had for them. Why would they care about finishing the work when they never signed on to the team in the first place. I think this shame relates to the unveiling of their hideous ugly true self that will be revealed when Jesus returns. This makes verses like Hebrews 4;13 make a lot of sense which reads, "No creature is hidden from Him, but all things are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give an account. ." Does this verse mean that we will stand all naked without our clothes before God and be embarrassed because we have no clothes on like Adam and Eve. I do not believe that is so. Once again this is speaking of things spiritual(I believe) and God sees through our flesh into our souls. Since we know that no flesh will stand before God and all creation will melt away like wax. This points to the nakedness of our being bare to our naked souls revealing who we really are. The unrighteous will be ashamed because their souls will bare an ugly hideous image based on the sins they have been living. But the righteous will not be ashamed because their souls will bear the glory of God.

Once again our world reflects the spiritual realm in many ways. We see various movies and shows about monsters and ugly creatures. People dress up as monsters on Halloween, Hollywood is making Monsters friendly to Kids to they can embrace it and feel comfortable with such creatures. Do you think that mankind just thought about this on His own, or perhaps the evil demons are just having us create into our world the ugliness that is spiritually true in their world. We see monsters from Godzilla to the swamp thing and other ugly creatures. Ask yourself, where is this coming from, is God the source of these creations? If not who, and whose image are they bearing?

Lastly when you think about the judgment and Jesus talked about saying that He never knew them ("And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:23) in the context of this it makes sense as well. Besides the obvious reason that Jesus will not know you in the sense that you had not been spending time with Him, I believe the unrighteous will look hideous in an unrecognizable state due to being transformed so far into sin. Imagine you have a wife and you leave and go on and trip, when you return you find that she has professed to be transgender and gotten a sex change to become a man. When you return she will look totally different than when you first saw you and when she calls out your name (analogous to "Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord,...(Matthew 7:22 "), in her new fully transformed state looking like a man with male genitalia and all, can honestly say to your once wife now transgender male, "who are you, I don't know you, get away from me". I think that will also be the same with Jesus, sin will transform those who were once created(Adam and Eve) to be his beautiful children into ugly creatures of spiritual filth. Which is why the Bible talks over and over and over about feeding on the WORD of God to feed your spirit. This also is not just a metaphor, I believe this is our literal spiritual food, to literally make us healthy and beautiful in our souls, and this beauty naturally will come out through the good works, whereas the evil doers cannot bear good fruit. Jesus give us hints to this when he told us, "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. (Matthew 7:16- 17)" If you belief that drinking water and eating healthy is good for your physical body to make you look beautiful with nice pores and smooth skin, don't you think the spiritual is the same with feeding on the WORD of God to make us beautiful in our souls? ("Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart...") Jeremiah 15:16."

Though scripture does not explicitly say it, I think if you believe that Jesus is beautiful you must believe that the devil is ugly. And if you believe that Jesus's disciples will be transformed to look like Him and reflect His glory, I think you must also believe that the followers of the devil(by choice or pleading ignorance) are also being transformed to reflect his ugliness. The devil is ugly and I believe his children will be likewise. This shouldn't be confused with the fact that before his choice to rebel, Lucifer was a beautiful being according to scriptures. He reflected God's glory, but after He rebelled, the glory of God no longer shined upon Him and left him as a ugly and weak creature spiritually. He is so weak that in Revelations it tells us that it will only take one angel to bind Satan with chains( Revelations 20:1-3). Only one, because he is no longer beautiful or powerful but weak and ugly. Please let me know your thoughts.

God bless