• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

UFO's

Evolution: No wisdom teeth!

Oi, Evolution as a concept should not be entirely discredited. People DO evolve and change over time. I say this because I HAVE NO WISDOM TEETH, neither does my FATHER, nor does my DAUGHTER. However, I reckon that even a thousand years from now my offspring will still be recognisably human and may even have wisdom teeth again as their genes mix with those of the people they procreate with.

I nearly went on a full tangent on a series of videos by a preacher whose name for some reason I fail to remember. He is a creationist, and he confirmed a host of facts that I always felt were common sense. Such as:

There IS a Creator - this is not belief or a question of faith - it's common sense. This wont stop me from sitting with Him one day and asking Him why I had to go through the bother of having a useless Appendix removed, but I doubt not for a second, that am part of a race that was CREATED. By GOD.

So yes, people do change over time as their genes mix. Mud, however, doesnt.

Amen Chad

Today on national BBC radio there a was a programme about UFO's. Part of the discussion was whether 'aliens would be sinners and in need of salvation' etc

The whole thing made me so sad...important British men debating the supposed lost souls of aliens..but what about their own lost souls.

As a Christian the only important thing to me is that

CHRIST JESUS CAME INTO THE WORLD TO SAVE SINNERS
(and that means the earth we live on..Praise God)

I do not believe in UFO's or other such phenomena I do believe that the devil misleads and perverts truth.

Lets keep our eyes Heavenward for His return...thats the only thing worth watching the skies for.

Julia

This is an interesting subject. Now I have become very interested in these supposed Alien creatures and UFO sightings and have read many articles and watched videos about it all... There is so much evidence out there that this should not be dismissed. There is a lot of people in this world who have claimed to have been abducted by Aliens and had horrific experiences of what happened to them. They have nightmares about them for years afterwards and we can't just dismiss this and claim it's all in their mind.

I have actually seen some videos where people have claimed to have been abducted and then afterwards had a chronic pain in a certain place in their body, the doctors have then done x-rays on them and tests and they have found little bits of metal under their skin. When the doctors have removed the object they claim that it doesen't mirror any kind of metal we have on this earth. It is of a substance that we haven't yet come across or made on this earth so that is very interesting and shows that there is proof in these stories that people tell of their abductions.

Also with so many sightings being made all the time about suspicious objects in the sky that make moves that are not natural and strange phenomona like that, it is hard to just ignore it and claim that people are making it up.

I also saw a video which was shot on home video by a family when it was one of their childrens birthdays. I think it's from the early to mid 90's, now the party starts off normally and they are video-ing the child with his cake etc... then there is a power cut in the whole house and these 2 family members go out with the video camera to go and look at whats happened because they heard a loud bang and thought an aircraft had come down near their house and their house was on a farm surrounding by fields... On the video tape it shows them going out and then they come across this spaceship thats landed and it's got bright lights on it and everything. Then it shows the aliens coming out of the craft and for about 15-20 minutes they barricade themselves in the house and all the family are shouting and screaming and there is geniune panic in the house. If these people were acting then they should have got some kind of bafta for how geniunely terrified they all were!

Apperantly the videotape got found because someone came to the house a few days later and found no one was there, the video camera with the tape inside was still in the house and thats when the shocking discovery was found and it is truly unbelievable when you see the footage, i have seen it and it's genuinly quite scary. The scariest thing of the whole story is... The family were never seen since, they just disapeared and people believe they probably got taken by the aliens.

Now whether God created these beings is another matter, but I firmly believe from hearing peoples stories and seeing footage of this kind that we are not alone in this universe and these other beings have to be taken seriously.

I will give my two cents on the opinion is so graciously accepted. If we can believe in God, Angels,the devil and all of the paranormal stuff out there why are aliens so hard to believe in? It says the earth was created, the heavens and the stars. We have galaxies and galaxies so many light years away we would never reach them anyway. This is all of the work of our brilliant creator Heavenly Father. If he can design something so impecablly flawless, animals, us, the stars and planets and sun, he can do anything. I believe that he created the universe and all that is in it. As for the people screaming, people are naturally afraid of what they dont understand. I wont say aliens are good, but I wont say they are bad either. More of all there could be aliens from Mars that come one day planning war and the from Jupiter planning peace the next. No one knows what our Creator has in store for us. No one knows for sure why they visit Earth and put these metal peices in peoples bodys. Only the Lord knows.

Administrator
Staff Member
Angel's Love: you said

"No one knows for sure why they visit Earth and put these metal peices in peoples bodys. Only the Lord knows."

We have no right to assume anything outside what GOD Himself tells us in the Bible. Aliens are not real. UFO's are not real. If you even assume these two are real, then we can go around and make up anything using our imagination and call it a possibility. Then what from there? Who's right? Just anyone? No.

Did you actually read the original post on page 1? Read the 2nd post too.

I think it's quite closed minded to say they don't exist Chad. Obviously as a Christian you have to make decisions and tell yourself to not believe in certain things because they could be misleading and evil... Now I have no idea if these aliens or UFO's are good or bad but I have seen a lot of evidence suggesting the existence of them. You would be surprised at the amount of people who have claimed to have been abducted and give very accurate accounts of what had happened.

If they did actually exist then what? While I believe in God and the word of the bible to be true I think it would be foolish to dismiss such things. Anything is possible in this universe.

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm closed minded to the things that are not true. You can claim evidence all you want, nothing holds water against what GOD says is true and what GOD has warned us against.

You contradict your own comments by stating you're not sure if they are bad or good and you also say "as a Christian you have to make decisions and tell yourself to not believe in certain things because they could be misleading and evil" Well guess what? Believing in the deceptive devices the devil uses is something I won't fall for. I believe he has that ability and I won't believe in them (aliens for example).

Just because people claim to have been abducted doesn't mean its true. People claim to have seen a lot of things, does it mean its true automatically just because they say so? Of course not. That would be foolish and naive to settle for claims.

The 1st and 2pst post cover everything you need to know. Anything beyond this is "closed minded" to GOD's Word. Period.

Don't make up fairy tales just to defend your own views. That's disrespectful towards GOD and His creation and His Truth. No one has the right to make up fantasy and fallacy just to fill their curiosity. What is in the Bible is truth.

Read the Scripture below. Its about Jesus returning as ruler above all, on the new EARTH! Earth, where He created people in HIS image and likeness, not aliens from "far far away" galaxies.

Revelation 21

The New Heaven and the New Earth

<sup id="en-ESV-31039" class="versenum" value="1">1</sup>Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. <sup id="en-ESV-31040" class="versenum" value="2">2</sup>And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. <sup id="en-ESV-31041" class="versenum" value="3">3</sup>And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Read these articles if you're not 'closed minded'

Are ETs & UFOs Real? - Answers in Genesis

God and the extraterrestrials

The Raelians and the Bible: Creation to the Time of Christ | Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

Does the Bible tell us if there is life on other planets? | Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

I know you won't change your mind on the subject so i'm not trying to do that... Yes I did say that I wasn't sure about if Aliens were good or bad beings. I know you are going to say this isn't true... But how do you explain quite a number of cases where a person has claimed to have been abducted and then had a chronic pain in a limb or somewhere on their body that affects them, some have had x-rays and the x-rays have picked up on a foreign object lodged under the persons skin. When they have had the object removed the doctors and scientists have said to have been baffled by the object because it contained a metal or substance that we don't have yet on this Earth.

I have heard quite a few cases like that, so it's not just one or 2 which might be made-up or fake, we are talking hundreds and thousands. I don't want you to think i'm being argumentative here, I really don't want people to see me as contradicting Gods word.. I am just someone who has an open mind towards things and I guess that is how I started reading the Bible 5 years ago and asked God for forgiveness. I was open minded as to what the Bible said and I believed it, I wouldn't be here now if I was a closed minded person who refused to listen or take on different views of people.

I know this isn't relevant to the UFO story but my mum told me that when I was a 3 year old child she saw a ghostly figure over me when I was asleep, she quickly dragged me from my bed and took me into her room because she was so frightened of it. Now I, just like you probably are thinking now.. That she was seeing things or her mind was playing tricks on her. Well the thing that shocked me was after we had left that housing estate it was in the local paper that it was supposed to be haunted and other people had seen unexplained things.

I guess that is where I have got my open mindedness from.

Galatians 1:8-9

But though we, or an angel from heaven,preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto ,let him be accursed.

Beware of finding your selves intrigued and facinated by all the preachers of ufology.

Colossians 2:18

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a volutary humility and worshiping of angels intruding into those things which he hath not seen,vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

"Beware of intruding into those things you know nothing about".

If we are going to get all cought up on things up in the sky,all you need do,is look to Christ he is the finisher and perfecter of our faith.And in Him we are already seated high up in heavenly places.Eye has not seen nor ear heard the things the Lord has prepared for those who love Him.

The bible contains many misteries made known to us the believers we need not look elsewhere for answers.

Hebrews 12:2
Ephesians 2:6
1Corinthians 2:9

Last edited:
"I think it's quite closed minded to say they don't exist Chad"

>The reporting of so called UFO's by unregenerate humans is false and many are in fact discovered to be hoaxes

>There are angelic beings in the creation as the Bible describes them .... but they are under the Lord's complete and ultimate control ..... even the fallen ones

>The scriptures are very clear about this fact

>There is a time coming when He will remove His restraint and these angelic creatures who follow satan will be allowed to interact with humanity and when this happens there will no question about their existence and involvement

>But this activity is not present today and will not be until the Lord come to bring His judgment of an intransigent and unbelieving humanity

>His hour of trial has not come yet ..... but it will .... and with no warning

>The beginning of all of this is still pending ..... but He could intervene before this day is over

>No one knows the time [date] .... He has not revealed this to anyone

The Bible and Extraterrestrial Life
Since the Bible does not mention extraterrestrial life, isn't it possible that it "could" exist without contradicting the Bible?<o:p> </o:p>
This is a great question and I think itis incumbent upon Christians to be prepared to answer it. Amidst the fascination with science fiction, our world is in desperate need of reality. Millions of our tax dollars have been rocketed into outer space with the goal to find life "out there." What should we think about this and how should we respond? Of course, the best way to answer these questions is to ask the question: Does the Bible say anything about extraterrestrial life? Even though the Bible does not say specifically that there is not life "out there" I contend that the Bible definitely implies that extraterrestrial life cannot exist.
Starting with the very first verse of the Bible God tells us that He created everything there is. Professor of Systematic Theology Douglas Kelly writes: "'Heavens and earth' is a way of saying 'everything that exists,' whether galaxies, nebulae or solar systems; all things from the furthest reaches of outer space to smallest grain of sand or bacterial microbe on planet earth; absolutely everything was created by God."<o:p> </o:p>
Thus, if there were extraterrestrial life it would be created by God. Genesis chapter one gives us a specific account of God's six-day creation with no mention of such life. Of course, it does not specifically mention the creation of angels but we know they exist from their mention in the rest of the Bible. However, the absence of mentioning extraterrestrial life is no reason to believe it could have also been created, especially in view of the purposes of God's creation.
God's purposes are centered here on earth. Russell Griggs, in the September/November issue of Creation Ex Nihilo stated, "…factors such as the Fall, the Incarnation, the redemption of mankind through the once-only death and Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Second Coming of Christ to Earth, and the coming Judgment of all mankind, show Earth's unique importance among the billions of billions of stars in the universe." Also, it is only here on earth that you will find the one and only bride of the Creator of the universe: the church.
In addition, all that was created was created for man. Aureolus Paracelsus recognized this in 1541 when he said, "God did not create the planets, the stars with the intention that they should dominate man, but that they, like other creatures, should obey and serve him." Everything on earth and beyond earth was created for God's chief image-bearer of the entire cosmos: mankind. This teaching is antithetical to the thinking in our day. The value of mankind is demeaned in our society. It is fashionable to look at man as New Age teacher Deepak Chopra does: "a wiggle, a wave, a localized disturbance."
Some might argue that certain verses in the Bible imply extraterrestrial life. For example, in Mark 13:27, "And He will send His angels and gather His elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens." Also, in John 10:16, "I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also…" Other verses sometimes used are Deuteronomy 30:4, Nehemiah 9:6 and Isaiah 24:21. These verses do not offer clear evidence of life beyond earth. They all most reasonably refer to either angels or different people on earth.
This amazing, orderly, beautiful universe was created to reflect these same attributes of its Creator. Earth is not a "rock floating about in outer space" but is the special homeplace for God's crown of creation. "The heavens are the Lord's, but the earth hath He given to the children of men." (Psalm 115:16) The uniqueness and special purpose of earth and mankind that are spelled out in the Bible leave no reason for the creation of extraterrestrial life.
So many today gaze at the stars with the reasoning, "Seems like an awful lot of empty space, so there must be life out there." Science fiction continues to foster these thoughts. Instead, as the psalmist gazes at the stars his thoughts are in amazement at the vastness of the power and variety of our creator: "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handiwork." (Psalm 19:1)

Last edited:
"[Theoccultist] is brought into intelligent communication with the spirits ofthe air, and can receive any knowledge which they possess, or any falseimpression they choose to impart...the demons seem permitted to do variouswonders at their request."

- G.H.Pember, "Earth's Earliest Ages and Their Connection with Modern Spiritualismand Theosophy" (1876)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"UFObehaviour is more akin to magic than to physics as we know it... the modernUFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical." -Dr. PierreGuerin, FSR Vol. 25, No. 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"TheUFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations ofthe age-old demon -ological phenomenon..." JohnA. Keel, "UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse
There also seems to be a high correlation between abductions and occult activity in the lives of the abductees. It is observed that many “UFO researchers prefer to whitewash this fact that extensive prior occult activity can be found in the lives of almost everyone (or their parents) who experiences ongoing contact and/or abductions.” There are also many similar goals between the UFO “aliens” and the New Age occult movement, such as a one-world government and religion. John Keel observes:

“The endless messages from the space people would now fill a library, and while the communicators claim to represent some other world, the contents of those messages are identical to the messages long received by mediums and mystics.” (Operation Trojan Horse, John Keel, p. 183)
John Keel also writes:“The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon.” (ibid., p. 299)
"But the UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture."John Ankerberg, The Facts on UFOs and Other Supernatural Phenomena, p. 10
"Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception."Dr. Jacques Vallee, Messengers of Deception, p. 20
"We are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon which is largely indigenous to planet earth."
- Brad steiger
"We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us." -Terrence McKenna
One theory which can no longer be taken very seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships."
- Arthur C. Clarke, New York Times Book Review, 07/27/75
"A large part of the available UFO literature is closely linked with mysticism and the metaphysical. It deals with mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities as well as phenomena like poltergeist [ghost] manifestation and 'possession.'
Many of the UFO reports now being published in the popular press recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena."
Lynn E. Catoe,1969;AFOSR Project Order
Dr. Jacques Vallee:

"We are dealing with a yet unrecognized level of consciousness, independent of man but closely linked to the earth.... I do not believe anymore that UFOs are simply the spacecraft of some race of extraterrestrial visitors.

This notion is too simplistic to explain their appearance, the frequency of their manifestations through recorded history, and the structure of the information exchanged with them during contact." 51

"[An] impressive parallel [can] be made between UFO occupants and the popular conceptions of demons."61 "[UFOs can] project images or fabricated scenes designed to change our belief systems."

62 "...human belief... is being controlled and conditioned," "man's concepts are being rearranged," and we may be headed toward "a massive change of human attitudes toward paranormal abilities and extraterrestrial life."63

"The 'medical examination' to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscent of the medieval tales of encounters with demons.

It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical or biological framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in a shorter time and with fewer risks."64

"...the symbolic display seen by the abductees is identical to the type of initiations ritual or astral voyage that is imbedded in the [occult] traditions of every culture.

"65 Thus, "the structure of abduction stories is identical to that of occult initiation rituals."66
Lynn E. Catoe (the senior bibliographer for a government publication researched by the Library of Congress for the U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research: UFOs and Related Subjects]:

"A large part of UFO literature is closely linked with mysticism and the metaphysical. It deals with subjects like mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities and phenomena like poltergeist [ghost] manifestations and 'possession.

' Many of the UFO reports now being published in the popular press recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena...." 52
Dr. Pierre Guerin [an eminent scientist associated with the French National Council for Scientific Research]:

UFO "behavior is more akin to magic than to physics as we know it." 53 "...the modern UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical.

"54 "What is quite certain is that the phenomenon is active here on our planet, and active here as master." 56
Ivar Mackay [former chairman of the respected British UFO Research Association]:

"...if one sets the three occult groups against the three classifications of UFO entities and their characteristics, it is rather surprising how complementary to each other they appear to be, not only through their appearance, activities, and level of behavior, but also in the quality of mental and, especially, emotional reaction and response that has been noted to have occurred on contact." 69
Trevor James [veteran UFO researcher]:

"A working knowledge of occult science... is indispensable to UFO investigation."59
Sociologists Stupple and McNeece: "...studies of flying saucer cults repeatedly show that they are part of a larger occult social world."60
Kenneth Ring and Christopher J. Rosing [Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut]: "There are wide-ranging and powerful, psychophysical changes following either a UFOE [UFO experience] or NDE." 73

"These experiences reflect a purposive intelligence... they are part of an accelerating evolutionary current that is propelling the human race toward higher [occult] consciousness and heightened spirituality." 76
Whitely Strieber [author of bestsellers about UFO encounters such as Communion

"Increasingly I felt as if I were entering a struggle that might even be more then life-or-death. It might be a struggle for my soul, my essence, or whatever part of me might have reference to the eternal.

There are worse things than death, I suspected.. the word demon had never been spoken among the scientists and doctors who were working with me.... Alone at night I worried about the legendary cunning of demons.... At the very least, I was going stark, raving mad." 86

"I felt an absolutely indescribable sense of menace. It was hell on earth to be there [in the presence of the entities], and yet I couldn't move, couldn't cry out, couldn't get away....

Whatever was there seemed to monstrously ugly, so filthy and dark and sinister. Of course they were demons.... and I couldn't get away." 90

"Why were my visitors so secretive, hiding themselves behind
my consciousness. I could only conclude that they were using
me and did not want me to know why.
..What if they were
dangerous? Then I was terribly dangerous because I was
playing a role in acclimatizing people to them."
-Whitley Strieber, Transformation, p. 96
Demons, as fallen angels, apparently retain great powers, such as the manipulation and restructuring of matter, as well as the ability to influence or control human consciousness and experience through classic possession by direct psychic implantation of a set of experiences. Dr. Curt Wagner Ph.D., SCP Journal, August 1977, Vol.1 No.2, UFOs – Is Science Fiction Coming True? pp. 19, 20
I also find it interesting that several non-Christian sources have concluded that UFOs are demonic.
A former Chief of British Defense Staff, Admiral of the Fleet Lord Hill-Norton, says some UFO encounters are “definitely antithetical to orthodox Christian belief.”
Gordon Creighton, a Buddhist and editor of Flying Saucer Review, has said, “I do believe that the great bulk of these phenomena are what is called satanic.”
What men do with real colors and substances the demons can easily do by showing unreal forms.
Augustine
UFOs could well be part of the same larger intelligence which has shaped the tapestry of religion and mythology since the dawn of human consciousness.
J. Allen Hynek
I propose that there is a spiritual control system for human consciousness and that paranormal phenomena like UFOs are one of its manifestations.
Jacques Vallee
The devil and his demons can, according to the literature, manifest themselves in almost any form and can physically imitate anything from angels to horrifying monsters with glowing eyes. Strange objects and entities materialize and dematerialize in these stories, just as the UFOs and their splendid occupants appear and disappear, walk through walls, and perform other supernatural feats.
John Keel, UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse, p. 192
"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us realize this common bond.
I occasionally think how quickly our differences would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world." - President Ronald Reagan, in a speech made to the 42nd General Assembly of the United Nations, Sept. 21, 1987
The purpose is to deceive and ensnare the soul. We will later find out that the UFO phenomenon is a ploy by satan and his angels. I said that because I want to make a quote by Jaques Valle about Modern technology, he is the most renowned astro-physicist. He said, “I believe there is a machinery of mass manipulation behind the UFO phenomenon…they are helping create a new belief system...they are designed to help change belief systems, and that the technology we observe is only the incidental support for a world-wide enterprise of subliminal seduction.” Or, in essence, deception.

The Bible and Extraterrestrial Life
Since the Bible does not mention extraterrestrial life, isn't it possible that it "could" exist without contradicting the Bible?<o:p> </o:p>

I agree with this above.

I dont think the Bible mentions cockroaches, lady-birds, tornados, cocaine, whiskey, coffee or glass, but they all exist. There is mention of angels and demons, and we readily believe they do exist. So, if the Bible doesn't mention coffee, then what, oh what, is this i'm drinking?

its easy to believe fallen angels and demons because the Bible says they exist and because they show up in ufo phenomenon, but to use imagination and guess aliens are out there is just that imagination and guessing, even the secular studiers agree this is all identical to the demonic, also anyone whos looked into abduction and the experiencers can tell you these beings teach evolution its one of there main doctrines of demons teachings and there are strong warnings in the Bible about doctrines of demons and if an angel teaches another gospel let them be accursed it even gives that verse with a double warning including men teaching the diffrent gospel as well, when theres a double warning it means its serious stuff. anyway most ufo researchers now know and say these sightings appear and disappear into our realms dimensions and dont travel from one point to the next ,they appear much the exact same way angels and demons have always been said to. its more spiritual acting then physical

Last edited:
UFOs and Space Aliens
Michael Gleghorn

A Tale of Two Hypotheses
It seems that almost everyone is interested in reports of UFOs and alien encounters. But how should these reports be understood? Where do these "unidentified flying objects" come from and what are they? Are intelligent beings visiting us from another planet or some other dimension? Or are UFO reports merely a collection of hoaxes, hallucinations, and misidentified phenomena? Can all UFO reports be adequately explained, or are there some that seem to defy all natural explanations? These are just a few of the questions we want to consider in this article.

First, however, it's essential to note that most UFOs (unidentified flying objects) become IFOs (identified flying objects). John Spencer, a British UFO researcher, estimates that as many as 95 percent of received UFO reports "are turned into IFOs and explained satisfactorily."{1} For example, the report might be found to have been a clever prank or to have some natural explanation. Planets, comets, military aircraft, and rockets (among many others) have all been mistaken for UFOs. But even if 99 percent of UFO reports could be satisfactorily explained, there would still be thousands of cases that stubbornly resist all natural explanations. These are called residual UFO reports.

If residual UFOs are not hoaxes, hallucinations, or some natural or man-made phenomena, then what are they? Most UFO researchers hold either to the extraterrestrial hypothesis or the interdimensional hypothesis. The extraterrestrial hypothesis holds that technologically advanced, interplanetary space travelers are indeed visiting our planet from somewhere else in the cosmos. Stanton Friedman, a representative of this view, states clearly, "The evidence is overwhelming that some UFOs are alien spacecraft."{2}

The interdimensional hypothesis agrees "that some UFOs are real phenomena that may exhibit physical . . . effects."{3} However, unlike the extraterrestrial hypothesis, this view does not believe that UFOs and alien beings come from somewhere else in our physical universe. So where do they come from? Some suggest that they come from some other universe of space and time. But others believe that they come from some other dimension entirely, perhaps a spiritual realm.{4}

How might we tell which, if either, of these two hypotheses is correct? Astronomer and Christian apologist Dr. Hugh Ross suggests that we employ the scientific approach known as the "process of elimination." He writes, "Mechanics use it to find out why the car won't start. Doctors use it to find out why the stomach hurts. Detectives use it to find out who stole the cash. This process can also be used to discover what could, or could not, possibly give rise to UFO phenomena."{5}

So what happens if we apply this process to the extraterrestrial hypothesis? Although quite popular here in America, there are some serious scientific objections to this viewpoint.

The Extraterrestrial Hypothesis
In the first place, it is highly improbable that there is another planet in our cosmos capable of supporting physical life. Dr. Ross has calculated the probability of such a planet existing by natural processes alone as less than 1 in 10174. You actually have "a much higher probability of being killed in the next second by a failure in the second law of thermodynamics (about one chance in 1080)."{6} Thus, apart from the supernatural creation of another suitable place for life, our planet is almost certainly unique in its capacity to support complex biological organisms. (See the Probe article "Are We Alone in the Universe?") This alone makes the extraterrestrial hypothesis extremely improbable. But it gets even worse!

Suppose (against all statistical probability) that there is a planet with intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. What is the likelihood that such creatures are visiting our planet? And what sort of difficulties would they face in doing so?

Probably the greatest challenge to interstellar space travel is simply the immense size of the universe. One group of scientists, assuming that any alien spacecraft would likely maintain communication with either the home planet or with other members of their traveling party, "scanned all 202 of the roughly solar-type stars within 155 light-years of Earth. Not one intelligible signal was detected anywhere within the vicinity of these stars."{7} This implies that, at a minimum, E.T. would have to travel 155 light-years just to reach earth. Unfortunately, numerous galactic hazards would prevent traveling here in a straight line. Avoiding these deadly hazards would increase the minimum travel distance to approximately 230 light-years.{8}

Dr. Ross estimates that "any reasonably-sized spacecraft transporting intelligent physical beings can travel at velocities no greater than about 1 percent" of light-speed.{9} Although this is nearly 7 million miles per hour, it would still take about twenty-three thousand years to travel the 230 light-years to earth! Of course, a lot can go wrong in twenty-three thousand years. The aliens might run out of food or fuel. Their spacecraft might be damaged beyond repair by space debris. They might be destroyed by a contagious epidemic. The mind reels at the overwhelming improbability of successfully completing such a multi-generational mission.

In light of these facts, it doesn't appear that the extraterrestrial hypothesis can reasonably survive the process of elimination. Does the interdimensional hypothesis fare any better? A growing number of serious UFO researchers believe it can. Let's take a look.

The Interdimensional Hypothesis
The interdimensional hypothesis holds that residual UFOs "enter the physical dimensions of the universe from 'outside' the four familiar dimensions of length, height, width, and time."{10} Where do they come from? Some believe that they come from another physical universe of space and time. But this does not seem possible. General relativity forbids "the space-time dimensions of any other hypothetically existing universe" from overlapping with our own.{11} For this reason, many researchers believe that residual UFOs must come from some other dimension entirely, perhaps even a spiritual realm.

What evidence can be offered for such a bold hypothesis? Many point to the strange behavior of residual UFOs themselves. Hugh Ross contends that residual UFOs "must be nonphysical because they disobey firmly established physical laws."{12} Among the many examples that he offers in support of this statement, consider the following:{13}

Residual UFOs generate no sonic booms when they break the sound barrier, nor do they show any evidence of meeting with air resistance.
They make impossibly sharp turns and sudden stops.
They send no detectable electromagnetic signals.
If residual UFOs are real (as credible testimony from astronomers, meteorologists, pilots, and others suggests), then their ability to defy the well-known and well-tested laws of physics is a strong indication, in the minds of many researchers, that they must be nonphysical in nature. Additionally, many researchers argue that residual UFOs also manifest characteristics consistent with intelligence.

For example, "relative to the number of potential observers, ten times as many sightings occur at 3:00 A.M (a time when few people are out) as at either 6:00 A.M. or 8:00 P.M. (times when many people are outside in the dark)."{14} If residual UFOs were simply random events, then we would expect more sightings when there are more potential observers. The fact that these events are nonrandom may suggest some sort of intelligence behind them. This is further supported by the fact that some people are more likely to see a residual UFO than others. Numerous researchers have observed a correlation between an individual's involvement with the occult and their likelihood of having a residual UFO encounter. This may also suggest some kind of intelligence behind these phenomena.

Finally, residual UFOs not only appear to be nonphysical and intelligent, they sometimes seem malevolent as well. Many of those claiming to have had a residual UFO encounter have suffered emotional, psychological, and/or physical injury. A few people have even died after such encounters. In light of these strange characteristics, many researchers have reached similar conclusions about the possible source of these phenomena.

The Occult Connection
Many serious UFO investigators have noticed a striking similarity between some of the aliens described in UFO reports and the demonic spirits described in the Bible. Although it may not be possible to know whether some aliens are actually demons (and I certainly do not claim to know this myself), the well-documented connection between UFO phenomena and the occult cannot be denied.

In 1969 Lynn Catoe served as the senior bibliographer of a publication on UFOs researched by the Library of Congress for the U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research. After a two-year investigation, in which she surveyed thousands of documents, she drew explicit attention to the link between UFOs and the occult. She wrote, "A large part of the available UFO literature . . . deals with subjects like mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities . . . poltergeist manifestations and 'possession.' Many . . . UFO reports . . . recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena."{15} Veteran UFO researcher John Keel agrees. After surveying the literature on demonology he wrote, "The manifestations and occurrences described in this imposing literature are similar if not entirely identical to the UFO phenomenon itself."{16} The bizarre claim of alien abduction may lend some credibility to these remarks.

Many (though not all) of those who report an abduction experience describe the aliens as deceptive and hostile. Whitley Strieber, whose occult involvement preceded the writing of both Communion and Transformation, at times explicitly referred to his alien visitors as "demons." For example, in Transformation he described his emotional reaction to the aliens with these words: "I felt an absolutely indescribable sense of menace. It was hell on earth to be there, and yet I couldn't move, couldn't cry out, couldn't get away . . . Whatever was there seemed so monstrously ugly, so filthy and dark and sinister. Of course they were demons. They had to be. And they were here and I couldn't get away."{17}

Nevertheless, in spite of the fact that abduction is often physically and emotionally painful, Mr. Strieber tends to believe that its purpose is ultimately benevolent. When integrated correctly, the abduction experience can provide a catalyst for spiritual growth and development. Still, he candidly admits that he is really not sure precisely who or what these beings actually are, and he continues to warn that many of them are indeed hostile and malevolent.{18} In light of this, one can't help wondering about the experiences related in Mr. Strieber's books. If his encounters with aliens were not merely hallucinatory, or due to some mental disorder, isn't it at least possible that his sinister visitors really were demons? As noted above, many UFO investigators would indeed consider this (or something very much like it) a genuine possibility.

Another Gospel?
In his letter to the Galatians the Apostle Paul delivered a stirring indictment against every gospel but that of Christ. "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed" (1:8-9). Evidently, the purity of the gospel was deeply important to Paul.

In today's pluralistic society a variety of gospels are being preached. And among the great throng of voices clamoring for our attention are many UFO cults. Since the 1950s a number of these cults have arisen, often around a charismatic leader who claims to be in regular contact with otherworldly beings. Interestingly, unlike the abduction phenomenon, most contactees do not claim to have ever seen the aliens with whom they communicate. Rather, they claim that the aliens communicate with them psychically or telepathically. The contactee is simply a channel, or medium, through whom the aliens communicate their messages to humankind. This method of contact is rather intriguing for those who favor the interdimensional hypothesis. As John Saliba observes, "Many contactees . . . write about UFOs and space beings as if these were psychic phenomena, belonging to a different time/space dimension that lies beyond the scope . . . of modern science."{19}

So what sort of messages do the aliens allegedly communicate to contactees? Often they want to help guide us to the next stage of our spiritual evolution or give us advice that will help us avoid some global catastrophe. Strangely, however, many of them also want to deny or distort traditional doctrines of biblical Christianity. Oftentimes these denials and distortions concern the doctrine of Christ. For example, the Aetherius Society "views Jesus Christ as an advanced alien being . . . who communicates through a channel and travels to Earth in a flying saucer to protect Earth from evil forces."{20} As a general rule, "UFO religions . . . reject orthodox Christology (Jesus' identity as both God and man) and thus reject Jesus Christ as the . . . Creator and . . . Savior of humankind."{21}

A deficient Christology, combined with an acceptance of biblically forbidden occult practices like mediumistic channeling (see Lev. 19:31; Deut. 18:10-12; etc.), make many UFO cults spiritually dangerous. By preaching a false gospel, they have (perhaps unwittingly) placed themselves under a divine curse. By embracing occult practices, they have opened the door to potential demonic attack and deception. Nevertheless, there is hope for those involved with these cults. There is even hope for those tormented by hostile beings claiming to be aliens. The Bible tells us that through His work on the cross, Jesus disarmed the demonic rulers and authorities (Col. 2:15). What's more, for those who flee to Him for refuge, He makes available the "full armor of God," that they might "stand firm against the schemes of the devil" (Eph. 6:11). Regardless of who or what these alien beings might be, no one need live in fear of them. If Jesus has triumphed over the realm of evil demonic spirits, then certainly no alien can stand against Him. Let those who live in fear turn to Jesus, for He offers rest to all who are weary and heavy-laden (Matt. 11:28).

Even though the UFO phenomenon remains largely unexplained, it is by now solidly established as very credible and real, substantiated by a great number of reliable witnesses. Some researchers have now suggested that the UFO phenomenon is a "physical manifestation of an interdimensional paranormal consciousness that has the ability to manipulate human consciousness and perception, as well as matter and energy." Yet it is apparent, especially from discussions in Chapters 5, 6, and 7 of this book, that there is a much deeper, profound, and much more diabolical meaning to this phenomenon than in the suggestion just quoted. As it can be seen, it is quite evident that this phenomenon is an important aspect of what the Bible discloses as spiritual warfare. Factors that are difficult to harmonize with the extraterrestrial hypothesis but which support this third hypothesis are discussed in the following.

UFO's are characterized by their ability, given solid objects, to violate the known laws of physics when maneuvering in the atmosphere by executing sudden stops, sudden accelerations, sudden right angle turns, and hovering without a visible means of mechanical propulsion. They disappear, reappear, disintegrate, reintegrate, merge together, or fuse with other objects. In short, unless they are the products of some exotic secret government technological breakthrough, they seem to represent an intervention by unseen or supernatural powers who can manipulate or transcend the "laws of nature." These paranormal attributes seem to correspond to those of angelic beings, particularly fallen angels, or demonic agents, whose abilities to effect physical reality are already established.

"Contactees" or "abductees" often now report of being involuntarily taken or "kidnapped" by aliens and subjected to examinations, experiments, and surgical procedures often of a sexual or reproductive nature, having ***** or ovum removed. Close to one million Americans alone, claim to have had this experience. Many if not all of these cases involve details which are decidedly anti-Christian, unbiblical, and decidedly evil. The UFO apparitions are being witnessed and experienced by many people over wide areas. They are now highly credible, appear to be physical objects, and appear intelligent in themselves or controlled by some mysterious intelligence. Previously, those in authority had imposed a secrecy on all inside aeronautical specialists in the name of national security.

Now the concern is not only that of national security but national panic as well. Because the UFO effect is becoming so rampant in our time the days are numbered wherein collaborators within the governing will be able to keep the matter suppressed. Even now, the "cream" of the crop of respectable personalities, our "most credible" national heroes, the astronauts, are coming forward to say that they too believe we are being visited by aliens from outer space. The "visitors" are not, although, what they are thought to be. A systematic and sensible hypothesis based on certainty will continue to evade the authorities and their collaborators because in their own wisdom they reject the wisdom of the Almighty in His grand revelation, the Holy Scriptures of old. God knows, and has revealed in His Word what kind of horrible invaders are again visiting our world in mass, not unlike their close counterparts did in the days of Noah, prior to the great Flood. "Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?" (I Corinthians 1:20)

Thus, through even this simple process of elimination, we are able to sensibly arrive at this most viable third hypothesis, which, as it turns out, can be concluded from not only a systematic and sensible analysis of the raw data, but through the systematic examination of the Scripture itself. The UFO's represent intelligence, their occupants have been involved with humanity since the beginning by assuming varied forms throughout history, they do not originate from advanced civilizations in outer space, and these entities appear to want to give the impression of an extraterrestrial origin. The intelligence behind most of the UFO phenomenon can be described as deceptive, detrimental to mankind and decidedly anti-Christian. These agents of evil never had any legitimate business being here in the first place. All of these factors strongly correspond with the warnings issued in the Bible against those "principalities, powers, and rulers of the darkness of this world, spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12) "who left their first estate." Against these our only answer, recourse, and sanctuary, is God's Holy Word.