• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Two things , it seems we as “True Believers” in Christ, really understands “Grieve not the Holy Spirit”. And “Keep yourselves from Idols”

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
We are in “perils” if we neglect such warning, we must speak to one another concerning these traps, Has it been a norm for some of us to grieve the Holy Spirit and worship modern day type idols and not realising it. The reason, could be, that hot branding iron concept about our consciousness being seared, from the reality of such danger and the trap that we have fallen into, and don’t even know it, remember sin blinds. Many will say this; I have the Holy Spirit in me I cannot be blinded or deceived in that fashion. Neither can I worship a idol.

1 Corinthians 10:14 (ESV)
14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
Colossians 3:5 (ESV)
5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Colossians 3;17-And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Yes I agree. Sometimes those idols can live in us. It can be manifested in many ways. They are like parasites living in us and sucking our time for God and our strength. It is not necessary a sin, even though it can become one. Because what God wants from us as believers is our love for Him. And when we love something else above Him, it can be seen as a sin. I am not say that Christians can not have their own time and do things they love to do, I am just saying this in case we go a bit over board with things. Paul said in 1Corinthians 10:23 " All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful, all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. " He was not speaking about sinful things, but things that look all normal, things we can do. And this things are those that we need to be aware of. The enemy knows that not always we can be deceived with sin, so he tries to give us something else. I repeat this doesn't mean we can not have time to relax, do our things etc., We just need to be aware and ask God to open our eyes and show, if there is something wrong.

Active
But could, just those little things, that we call not sins, have the snow ball affect. As the snow ball rolls down the hill slowly, it begins to grow, as it grows, it’s velocity increases, and before we realize it, danger is below, but the momentum is of a strange force. And how to apply the brakes we do not know, But “Lord” Save Me! Those type of Conditions must be highly avoided, they come with a price. Wouldn’t you say?

But could, just those little things, that we call not sins, have the snow ball affect. As the snow ball rolls down the hill slowly, it begins to grow, as it grows, it’s velocity increases, and before we realize it, danger is below, but the momentum is of a strange force. And how to apply the brakes we do not know, But “Lord” Save Me! Those type of Conditions must be highly avoided, they come with a price. Wouldn’t you say?
Yes, this is what I think too. I know what are you talking about and I've been there. Probably because we see those things as something not sinful and we just carry on without noticing we are losing the most important. That's why the Bible tells us to watch. Remember the part in Matthew 24:38,39
" For as in the before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. "
Appearantly it doesn't speak about sin, but just doing what everyone else does. Marrying, eating, etc.
Their sin was that they forgot about God. They payed more attention to everything else, but not to God and His word. This is when I think that these things can become sin. Things that we can do as well of course. They are legit, but are we being watchful as we see the day is approaching. ( We need to be like this at any time, even if we don't see it ) Are we watchful in prayer?
In this way we can also see and our eyes to be opened to recognise our condition.