• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Trying to Feel Your Way

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him--though he is not far from any one of us. Acts 17:27

In Isaiah 42:19, somewhat in exasperation, God asks, “Who is blind, but my servant?” You may be faithfully serving God, like Elisha’s servant, but still struggle to sense the Lord and know His will. You’re unable to perceive exactly what He’s doing. The mountains might be full of horses and chariots of fire all around you, but you can’t see them (see 2 Kings 6:15-17).

Like many believers, you daily seek God and grope to discover His will, much like the people in Isaiah’s statement: “We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noon day as in the night” (Isaiah 59:10).

You may wonder why God made it so difficult to sense Him and know what He’s doing. But the most important thing to know is that He’s never far from you, and that He gently guides you hands as you struggle to feel the wall that marks the boundaries of His will.

Be encouraged! God promises, “I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them” (Isaiah 42:16).