• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Trying to do the right Thing

This will take about five minutes to read but if you visit and have a desire to respond I will appreciate it. God Bless. Liz

My husband and I started a construction business in South Florida last year. Since then two hurricanes hit our area within 3 weeks. We lost a lot of money when we started doing roofs and couldn't keep up with the payroll which was in excess of $10,000+ a week. We did over 90 roofs to help people out but continued to lose money. Now we owe people and are still working 6 and 7 days a week to try to make ends meet. It's so hard to see my husband come home dragging every night. I had to start a full time job with another company to help pay bills. It's still not enough. I am so overwhelmed at the prospect of losing everything and having no idea where the next rent money is coming from that I feel frozen at times. I'm incredibly stressed out about the situation. One person is suing us and I expect a few more will since we have never been so broke in our lives and it's just taking to long to get to their jobs. We are slowly paying back people we owe and have been finishing jobs but continue to go in the hole. As soon as we get a little money together it goes back out the door to work on another job. I've been considering bankruptcy. My husband also just spent 5 days in the hospital with what they think was a "mini-stroke" that dissolved during treatment (PTL). Still we had no health insurance and now another $50K bill.

We are praying everyday and continue to thank God for His many blessings but we are both exhausted and the situations facing us in the next week are literally impossible for us to overcome without divine help from God.

My husband just got saved about two months ago and that was a miracle in itself. I have been telling him he needs to take Sunday off but every week it's another financial crisis and work has to get done so we can get paid.

I've never been so stressed out in my life. My husband has never been so tired. We really need prayers. My mom and best friends moved away since the hurricanes and I'm feeling lonely. My husband believes that God is getting us ready for something. I've been involved in music ministry and have written a lot of Christian songs but it's only been lately that I have picked up the guitar to compose more songs. The only problem is that I have so little free time that I'm not sure I could commit to any ministry at all right now. I miss it and pray that God just makes a way. My husband wants to get into the prayer and healing teams ministry so maybe we will do that for a while. For a baby Christian he sure does know how to pray!

Thank you and God Bless each of you. Keep doing the right thing no matter how hard it is. Liz

Liz, I am sorry that things are so tough right now for you both. I pray that God will place His hand upon your business and that you will become prosperous. Follow His lead and He will guide you. One miracle at a time sister. Your husband is newly saved, a miracle as you said. As you continue to be faithful to Him he will bestow blessing upon you.
God Bless.

Thank you dear one.

mymakersdaughter said:
Liz, I am sorry that things are so tough right now for you both. I pray that God will place His hand upon your business and that you will become prosperous. Follow His lead and He will guide you. One miracle at a time sister. Your husband is newly saved, a miracle as you said. As you continue to be faithful to Him he will bestow blessing upon you.
God Bless.

To mymakersdaughter: Thank you dear one. I appreciate your words especially "one miracle at a time, sister." I especially appreciate your prayers.
I am new at entering threads and hope that I am responding correctly. I don't see any other buttons or links to take me elsewhere. God Bless you sister. Liz in Florida

Liz, I just want you to know I will be praying for you & your situation. Sometimes it seems like it just dumps on us, doesn't it? I do see things to give praise for here. Praise God for your husband & his faith that seems so strong even tho he is a new Christian. Keep looking to the positive....find the things to give thanks for. God will place "beautiful nuggets" in the midst of these trials. Make it your goal to find them & give praise when you do.

satan can't stay where praise is lifted to God. The Word is a rebuke to him since he is the father of lies & God's Word is beautiful Truth - it's Jesus Himself.

I don't know if this makes sense, but it's what I felt led to share with you.

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers :)

Liz,
Just hang on to the Lord with all you have. I pray you find the Love of the Father to hold you, the peace of Jesus to surround you and the comfort of the Holy Spirit to hang onto. Know that when all hell breaks lose, He is there holding you up. My husband and I have been saved 21 years and some things, I have to tell you if I didn't hold on with all I had, I don't know where we would be today. But Jesus got us through each and every time. He never fails. You said a lot of your friends moved away. I just want you to know you can private message me anytime and I will pray for you.

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi sister Liz thank you for sharing the matter with us. I will pray for you now. Like your husband says - looks like GOD is preparing you both for something big. I believe GOD has a nice surprise for you shortly.

Its all about faith. If you say you love GOD and you thank Him for His blessings, don't let anything else get in the way, not tiresome or any stress. Of course not stressing is not a simple task but one can practice in their faith and therefore releases stress and prevents stress in future trials.

God bless you

Beautiful Nuggets...

Sapphire said:
Liz, I just want you to know I will be praying for you & your situation. Sometimes it seems like it just dumps on us, doesn't it? I do see things to give praise for here. Praise God for your husband & his faith that seems so strong even tho he is a new Christian. Keep looking to the positive....find the things to give thanks for. God will place "beautiful nuggets" in the midst of these trials. Make it your goal to find them & give praise when you do.

satan can't stay where praise is lifted to God. The Word is a rebuke to him since he is the father of lies & God's Word is beautiful Truth - it's Jesus Himself.

I don't know if this makes sense, but it's what I felt led to share with you.

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. I do look for those "beautiful nuggets" and it's what keeps me going. God Bless you so much. Liz

Thank you Brother!

frank said:
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers :)

I know that prayers work and I thank you for them. I will say prayers for you all as well. God Bless and Keep you. Liz

I'm hanging on with all I've got!

AlabasterBox said:
Liz,
Just hang on to the Lord with all you have. I pray you find the Love of the Father to hold you, the peace of Jesus to surround you and the comfort of the Holy Spirit to hang onto. Know that when all hell breaks lose, He is there holding you up. My husband and I have been saved 21 years and some things, I have to tell you if I didn't hold on with all I had, I don't know where we would be today. But Jesus got us through each and every time. He never fails. You said a lot of your friends moved away. I just want you to know you can private message me anytime and I will pray for you.

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

Thank you for your prayers and sharing with me a little about your own life. I needed to hear that and I appreciate the invitation to IM. I would like to do that some time. Love and blessings to you. Liz

Relief from Stress!

Chad said:
Hi sister Liz thank you for sharing the matter with us. I will pray for you now. Like your husband says - looks like GOD is preparing you both for something big. I believe GOD has a nice surprise for you shortly.

Its all about faith. If you say you love GOD and you thank Him for His blessings, don't let anything else get in the way, not tiresome or any stress. Of course not stressing is not a simple task but one can practice in their faith and therefore releases stress and prevents stress in future trials.

God bless you

Thank you for your prayers. I have actually been feeling less stressed lately. I know that all your prayers are helping. I wish I had found Talk Jesus sooner. I needed to reach out and God provided a way for me. God Bless you dearly. Liz

I prayed for you too

Hi ya Liz :love:

three things kinda came to my mind reading your heart in this touching thread, thank you for sharing your life with us here on TJ :love:

Have you read this thread. . .also in Prayer and Praise/Help and Counsel from Brothersinarms4G:

Please Hang In There !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press On

PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14 Weymouth
13 ...one thing I do , forgetting everything which is past and
stretching forward to what lies in front of me,
14 with my eyes fixed on the goal I push on to secure the prize
of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus.

Believers face many difficulties. Trials. Adversaries. Doubts.
At times we're all tempted to quit. The struggle seems too
much, and we wonder if it's worth it to continue, to hold on to
our faith when there seems to be no hope left.

But there is a goal supremely worthwhile , life with our
wonderful Lord ! Not just existence, but intimate fellowship !

Fix your eyes on the goal [ God Himself ] and press on!

1 CORINTHIANS 1:9 NIV
9 God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus
Christ our Lord, is faithful.

Please read the following verses slowly and thoughtfully.. . . . . (and so on...its really really good!!)

whenever i hear these terrible things happen . . . I usually search for great comfort in Gods word. . .one of the first questions what come to my head are. . .is anyone suffering as much as I am. . .could it get any worse. . .

Well: Have you read JOB lately I usually start there if I'm really down
It just helps some. . .as long as I dont have Jobs story to tell. . . It helps me pressing on and look at the precious nuggets

and last but not least

1 Corinthians 10:13 :love:

13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

God bless you both :love: