• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Trusting the Lord's Kindness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
[You], who have shown me great and severe troubles, Shall revive me again, And bring me up again from the depths of the earth. You shall increase my greatness, And comfort me on every side. Psalm 71:20-21

It can be very discouraging when God allows you to suffer prolonged hardship. You wonder why He doesn't put a stop to it. You may even get the idea that He's thoroughly upset with you and has decided to abandon you. He won't even look back. And if He does turn His attention to you, it will be with the intention of destroying you. That sounds harsh, but this is what many despondent Christians actually think at times.

But the psalmist in today's verse sees beyond his pain and discouragement, and continues to trust in the kindness of God. He declares happily that God will restore him to full life, even greater honor than he had before, and will comfort him in his sorrow. What a different picture that is! Do you trust in God's kindness toward you? Or have you given up in despair?

The Bible declares repeatedly that God is good, merciful, and long-suffering. He's all those things to you as well. Know that He loves you too.

Prayer: Lord, help me to trust unswervingly in Your kindness toward me. Help me not to be dismayed by the accuser's lies and efforts to discourage me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1