• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Trusting in God's Strength

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
When Gideon came to the Jordan, he and the three hundred men who [were] with him crossed over, exhausted but still in pursuit. Judges 8:4

This is probably THE GREATEST EXAMPLE OF Gideon's newfound trust in God: he still had only three hundred men and was chasing a Midianite army of fifteen thousand men (Judges 8:10). Gideon's men were faint from hunger, so they asked two Israelite towns for food. Both refused. So what did Gideon and his men do? Quit? No, they continued pursuing the Midianites even though they had no strength left to fight. And they defeated them!

Sometimes God will bring you into a desperate situation, but to your dismay, it'll be at a time when you feel utterly unprepared, almost at your weakest. What can you do? No one would blame you if you simply gave up and returned home. After all, if you can't do it, you can't do it.

Or you can press on, trusting in God's strength. He once told the apostle Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9). Elsewhere Paul wrote, "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty" (1 Corinthians 1:27). God can give amazing victories if you trust Him.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I feel so weak, so incapable. Be with me as I face serious situations. I know I can't win in my own power, but I'm trusting in Your power.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
rizen1 Devotionals 0