• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Trusting God In A Storm

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, "Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!" Luke 8:25

You may have the faith to handle small day-to-day crises--such as finding a last-minute replacement for a worker that didn't show up--but can you trust in God's power and care when an emergency strikes? Or do you buckle and come unglued?

One day, Jesus and His disciples were sailing across the Sea of Galilee, with Jesus asleep in the boat, when a sudden squall swept down upon them. Instantly, the sea began raging, so that they were in danger of being swamped. The disciples woke Jesus, terrified that they would drown. Jesus rose, rebuked the wind and the waves, and the storm abruptly ceased.

But note that He then asked where their faith was. Clearly, Jesus expected any one of them to have been able to pray and trust God for the miracle. You might not have the faith to stop a storm, but you are certain to face many crises during the course of your life that will seem as serious as a storm. So if your faith is small now, pray like Jesus' disciples prayed, for God to increase your faith (Luke 17:5).

Trouble is bound to come, so prepare for it.

Prayer: Dear Father, increase my faith so that I will be able to trust You for a miracle in the day of testing, and having done all, to stand, I pray.