• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Trust the Lord, not Yourself

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Thus the children of Israel were subdued at that time; and the children of Judah prevailed, because they relied on the LORD God of their fathers. 2 Chronicles 13:18

As a man, you have a built-in drive to win, succeed, and achieve. As a man created in the image of God, you have built-in abilities, strengths, and talents. And as a man indwelt by God, you have more power inside you than you could possibly imagine.

The Lord God, Creator of heaven and earth, resides in you. He merely spoke the word and the universe was created. One moment, nothing. The next moment, an infinity of incomprehensible beauty, complexity, and design. That Lord God lives within you and earnestly desires to fill every fiber of your being. Are you willing to ask Him to do these things?

To search you, know your anxious thoughts, point out your hurtful ways, and lead you in the way everlasting? (Psalm 139:23-24)​

To teach you His ways, pledge to walk in His truth, and unite your heart to fear His great and holy name? (Psalm 86:11)​

To create in you a clean heart, renew a right spirit within you, restore to you the joy of your salvation, and sustain you with a willing spirit? (Psalm 51:10,12)​

Prayer: Lord, thank You for living within me! Please fill every fiber of my being. Please search me, cleanse me, teach me, and empower me, I pray.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1