• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Trust in the Father's Love

Staff Member
And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, Luke 15:17-18

The story of the Prodigal Son, more than any other parable Jesus told, displays the undying love your heavenly Father has for you.

The prodigal son had grievously sinned against his father, demanding his inheritance early then wasting every penny on wild parties and prostitutes. But despite the wretched condition he found himself in, and the condemnation and unworthiness he felt, the prodigal son trusted that even now, if he returned to his father's house, he would take him back. "So he went at once to his father" (v. 20). He knew for a certainty that his father loved him and would receive him, so he set out at once.

Have you been prodigal son in any area of your life? Have you indulged in a certain sin to the point that it has left you condemned and defeated? You may have repeatedly transgressed, but your Father has never stopped loving you and will surely take you back. Trust in the greatness of His love, and return to Him today.

Prayer: Thank You, Father, that You love me so profoundly! Thank You for Your mercy and forgiveness. I trust that You will love me and receive me even more.