• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

True Leaders Are Servants

Staff Member
All those who were listed of the Levites, whom Moses and Aaron and the chiefs of Israel listed, by their clans and their fathers' houses, from thirty years old up to fifty years old, everyone who could come to do the service of ministry and the service of bearing burdens in the tent of meeting, those listed were 8,580. Numbers 4:46-48 ESV

Dave Ramsey shares a story about President George Washington you may not have heard. During the Revolutionary War, Washington rode up and saw a group of soldiers trying desperately to put a log on top of a wall. Their corporal was barking orders to finish the project, prompting Washington to ask the corporal why he didn’t help.

“Don’t you see I’m a corporal?” he said.

Washington dismounted and assisted the men himself then told them he was available if they needed any other help. The commander in chief was willing to serve when a corporal was not. Is it any wonder that Washington’s birthday has been celebrated nationally, going back to 1885? He lived out the “service of ministry” advocated in today’s verses. Later, President Abraham Lincoln’s birthday was added to the holiday that we now call Presidents’ Day. And now we celebrate all past presidents on this day.

When you lead, are you more like Washington…or the corporal?

Prayer: Lord, give me a spirit of servant leadership. May I never be like the corporal.