• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Troubles? Pray! (1 of 5)

Staff Member
And gathered out of the lands, From the east and from the west, From the north and from the south. Psalm 107:3

The rest of this week you're invited to watch a series of disastrous crises. These crises take place in all directions away from the Promised Land.

In each case, Israel's enemies have carried away some of its citizens and subjected them to life-and-death situations. The Jews experienced hopelessness--until they remembered the Lord's goodness and cried out to Him for salvation. They were then delivered and redeemed in the here and now, not just for eternity.

Each of these crises is a reminder of the words at the end of King Solomon's Temple Dedication (1 Kings 8:46-53). Bottom line: If they sin, are carried away to foreign lands, repent of their sins, and turn back to the Lord wholeheartedly, He will forgive their sins, rescue them, and bring them back to the Promised Land.

As the verse above suggests, these crises take place in all four compass points. Today's disastrous crisis, in Psalm 107:4-9, takes place in the vast deserts to the south of the Promised Land. To escape one's captors is no paradise if you're lost and ready to faint from extreme hunger and thirst.

What troubles do you face? What are you going to do?

Prayer: Lord, I choose to trust You! You know my troubles. Please forgive my sins and deliver me.