Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

troubled in my Spirit.

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Brighthouse, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Most of the time as you all know, I look through Jesus in me to encourage you in Him. Do you know why this is? because i am such a nice guy? lol Or is this because of something far deeper? Is it because of something far more necessary?

Here is a word that to me is most thoughtful.Necessary,meaning inevitable,or even better, a basic requirement. It has often been spoken by many of us who are older in the Lord,that,something we feel we have lost, what was in plain sight just a few seconds ago.But this is because we use unseen tools!( 2 Cor 4:18) So did I lose this? Or did I just forget about what tools we have in our Lord? What has troubled me,is not yet know to me.

Sometimes we all receive this.Something not seen yet,but known in some way to our mind. When this happens we become troubled in spirit,we are looking for the correct tool in the Lord,to help us get past this troubling. Is there a purpose to becoming troubled?( john 12:27-30!) verse 30 Jesus answered and said This voice has not come for My sake,but for your sakes.I am not comparing the trouble in my spirit to that the Lord was troubled with,for he knows the future of which he spoke,I do not.

But even though we do not know why we are troubled,as you all know,we still can be. I present this unto you all,so perhaps one of you,can remind me, of what tool I am forgetting. It is not always easy using unseen tools.( 2 Cor 4:18) we know what they are for as well! ( Verse 16-17) So I ask for your prayers in this,in hopes of finding that which I have seemed to have misplaced. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

2. #2 Brother Mike, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    Misplaced.

The troubling inside, I refer to as scratching. It's not that we are troubled actually as down or depressed troubled, but it's a feeling of incomplete knowledge about something.

It's at these times I know that the Lord wants me know something, or alert me about something. What though? What am I missing?

I have learned..................

One thing I know is that God is lots smarter than me. That may sound like a no brainer, but if you really think about it, he knows how to get something across to us that we need to know. He already has it figured out.

This is where we need to have faith. A strangers voice we will not follow, the Holy Spirit always brings to remembrance things I have said, he will show us things to come. I am a child of God, and always led by the Spirit of God, I never miss God, and God is never late.

What we heard in the Word once, is still in our spirit, and the Holy Spirit will always bring it out to be examined by or minds.

God is smarter than us!!! He knows how we receive. Trust believes he is more than able to do so.

That incomplete feeling, the loss of a tool we use to have strong in the past, that scratching is all designed to get us to pay attention, and be ready to respond to something. It's a alert that something is coming up in the future, and God will be giving instruction on it if we pay attention.

No need to fret, just obey what your prompted to do, and walk by faith!!!

That scratching sometimes is a indication that we will be asked to walk out in faith, when we normally would not have, or something that would not have made much sense to us. God is alerting us to be ready to respond.

It may be a urge to go to a store, give more money than you would normally afford, Go left, when you would have gone right. Be ready.

Most the time God can't even tell us yet, because we would need to see and be at a location to even understand it!!!

God is smarter than us......... He will more than get it across.

Parable of Importunity.

This is often looked at as prayer to God....... It flips both ways though, Communication to God is not a one way street.

Luke 11:8Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

This friend bangs on the door, yelling get up!!! I have this need!! The other man got up, not because it was his friend but because of the persistence, Loud and clear, annoying asking. No question there was a loud banging on the door, and very clear what was wanted, and it was wanted...........................

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trouble in the spirit means to be ready, there is something coming up we need to know. We need to be in seek mod. When it's time to move, look up a certain scripture, go here or there, Hit our knee's and pray, we will hear the Knock.........

Jesus Is Lord.

3. What BrotherMike said rings as truth to me.

New quests require upgraded tool sets.
    Have you ever felt when praying in the spirit that you were assembling something?
    I don't think your missing a thing,in fact I believe you will recieve the proper tools to deal with whats next!
    Godspeed

4. Brighthouse!

Get out of your head! Hehehehe...

I see that you are concientiously expelling extra effort in your zeal to improve and please the Lord. This is good. We all do this under the call of Peter to "Give dilligence, to make your calling and election sure..." 2 Peter 1:10

Within this call, we must remain a child and allow Jesus to 'bring' us this Living Water, Patience is key. 2 Peter 1:5-7. Relax and remember that He made us and not we ourselves... we are the sheep of His pasture. Ps. 100:3

The tool you ask of is wrapped up in knowing that we are a New Creature, all things are made new. As we mature, we tend to rely more on our own human capabilities, and lose that simplicity and childlike joy. Does a baby need to think to giggle?

Robin :groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

5. BrightHouse my friend and brother,

You are so giving of yourself and your time to others..you have been given the gift of love from our Lord Jesus and in return it pours forth from you like fountains of living water filling to the brim and flowing unto others as it flowed from Jesus unto you.

I have to agree with the others who have said you have not misplaced anything, but there is a question that has been given to me to ask and im not sure why, but i'm gonna ask it..lol! In your prayer time do you tend to put yourself last on the list? Yes, it is true when we are saved by our Lord that we die to self and put Him first all things and parts of our lives, but I don't believe God intended for our own personal requests to be set on the backburner either. As was stated earlier relax and know that you are important and loved beyond measure by our Lord Savior. He will bring what you need to deal with whatever He brings next.

God bless you brother brighthouse!

6. #6 Brother Mike, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    I like that.

Thiscrosshurts
    I liked that, upgraded toolset. What is next!!! More often God's plan is in steps of doing what your prompted to do, only toward the end do we see what is going on. We know something is there, we know we lack something, but just follow along, you will see. Looking back I see that led to that, talking to that person added that, being here made me learn that.

And the Holy Spirit reminded me of this......... Tools are just that, it's not just one tool you need to get to the end.

Jesus Is Lord.

7. Now I know why My spirit was troubled. Thanks all!