• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

trapped in sin?? distant from God??

Loyal
The word of God tells us what to do when we are distant from God, or we are trapped in sin. As I read threw the OT the same theme is of the Jewish nation is pretty consistent all through-out the OT. They are trapped in there sin, they distant from God. God sends prophets to tell theme to repent and turn from their wicked ways.

Just this morning I was reading Joel and some versus popped out and yelled at me it seemed. I have been trapped in sin and distant from God most of my life, yet now I am free because Of Jesus. I saw instructions on how to become free, I thought to my self man that exactly what I did.

Return with All Your Heart
Joel 2-12,13

12 "Yet even now," declares the LORD, "Return to Me with all your heart, And with fasting, weeping and mourning;
13 So rend your hearts and not your garments, and return to the LORD your God. For He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, and abounding in loving devotion. And He relents from sending disaster.

fasting, prayers, with all you inner heart, this is between you and the Lord he know if you are serious.

sin is a powerful thing and we humans stand no chance at ever being free from it on our own, we must turn to the Lord God to set us free from it, Only Jesus spirit in us can change our hearts so we hate sin. some times and I dare say most of the time this take a while and does not happen over night is a constant battle on our part. The more we are in the word of God and in prayer and in fasting the stronger we can become to over throw sin, until one day you look back and just hate sin and it has no control over you at all.