• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Training in Godly living

Staff Member
Uzziah was sixteen years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-two years. His mother was Jecoliah from Jerusalem. He did what was pleasing in the LORD's sight, just as his father, Amaziah, had done. Uzziah sought God during the days of Zechariah, who taught him to fear God. And as long as the king sought guidance from the LORD, God gave him success. 2 Chronicles 26:3-5 NLT

God asks you to endure for the sake of His name and with His help. He sends people to help when you think you walk alone. Some resist or even refuse the help, but God knows two are better than one.

Uzziah became Judah’s king at the age of sixteen. Maybe you can’t imagine a teen becoming a nations’ ruler, but this young man remained king for more than half a century. He became a good king because he didn’t endure alone. Zechariah, a preacher by trade, came to the rescue. He became the king’s mentor. This friendship resulted in a king who was noted for his godly life. Uzziah had help.

If you’re following God but trying to do it alone, you would do well to begin following Uzziah’s example. Find someone who has followed God longer than you have, and learn, grow, and serve together. Get some training in godly living and you’ll find it’s much easier to endure the next hard day.

Prayer: Father, You want me to grow in You. When You walk with me, I have companionship. Godly friendships give me added encouragement to keep walking with You.

Active
Uzziah was sixteen years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-two years. His mother was Jecoliah from Jerusalem. He did what was pleasing in the LORD's sight, just as his father, Amaziah, had done. Uzziah sought God during the days of Zechariah, who taught him to fear God. And as long as the king sought guidance from the LORD, God gave him success. 2 Chronicles 26:3-5 NLT

God asks you to endure for the sake of His name and with His help. He sends people to help when you think you walk alone. Some resist or even refuse the help, but God knows two are better than one.

Uzziah became Judah’s king at the age of sixteen. Maybe you can’t imagine a teen becoming a nations’ ruler, but this young man remained king for more than half a century. He became a good king because he didn’t endure alone. Zechariah, a preacher by trade, came to the rescue. He became the king’s mentor. This friendship resulted in a king who was noted for his godly life. Uzziah had help.

If you’re following God but trying to do it alone, you would do well to begin following Uzziah’s example. Find someone who has followed God longer than you have, and learn, grow, and serve together. Get some training in godly living and you’ll find it’s much easier to endure the next hard day.

Prayer: Father, You want me to grow in You. When You walk with me, I have companionship. Godly friendships give me added encouragement to keep walking with You.

Thankful for my church family.