• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Train Hard

Staff Member
Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. Jude 1:3 NKJV

The Greek word used in today’s verse for “contend earnestly”, according to Bible commentator Albert Barnes, is a reference to the ancient Grecian games. In other words, Jude was asking readers to put the same amount of effort into standing up for and proclaiming the Gospel as the athletes do in competing in the Grecian games.

The Olympic athlete trains his body through daily rituals. He gets up early, trains hard for several hours, eats the right foods, hydrates properly, gets ample rest, and then does the same thing every day for years on end, all in preparation for one event.

This is the type of dedication to the Gospel that Jude is calling you to demonstrate. Just as training for the Olympics doesn’t allow for lackluster preparation, training to represent the Gospel well doesn’t either. You may get only one shot to contend for the faith with somebody. Have you put in the training so you’ll be ready?

Prayer: Lord, as 1 Peter 3:15 NKJV says, I always want to “be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in me.