• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

To whom it may concern.......

Hey all,
This is an update on my life, for those who actually want to read about my life. Once again, I find myself not with the guy I told you I was with, but single again. I totally thought he was the one, but God said no. I backtracked on the whole realtionship, and from the very start, God was cautioning me. Did I listen? Nope. I followed MY intentions, MY feelings, MY heart, and totally blocked out God, and my parents. I totally disobeyed my parents also. Yeah, I'm 21, but I still live under my parents roof, and abide by their rules. And now, since I didn't do that, I am paying the consequences. The bible tells us in Hebrews 12:9-10 "Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in His holiness." It also says in Ephesians 6: 1-3 " Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 'Honor you father and mother'- which is the first commandment with a promise- that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." Oops, totally didn't do that. SO, I'm being discipline on both my parents terms, and on God's. Yep, I'm sort of tearing myself down. 1. I've hurt someone when I didn't heed in God's word 2. I've hurt my family 3. I've hurt myself. My parents have told me that I can no longer have a dating type of relationship with anyone online, and they watch me like a hawk now when I'm talking to someone that they don't know. And I'm 21! I'm writing this, updating, and also telling the teens and young adults who come to this thread- please REALLY listen to what God is telling you. Don't just go on your own terms. Listen also to your parents. Yeah, they still get on my nerves sometimes( does that ever grow out of us?), but they are older, and have been around much longer then you or I. If they really didn't care about you, would they heed warnings to you? I'm also going to really want on God's terms for someone, not my own. Thanks for reading my book

In Christ,
HistoryMaker, aka Alisha

Continue to follow the Lords lead He knows best.
We all continue to learn and grow, seems even moreso the older we get.

Peace be with you,
John

Thank you for telling your testimony here . You will help others not make the same mistake . GBU . Mike :love: :boy_hug:

Maker, I was wondering where you have been? I guess the desert isn't what it is cracked up to be. It is a little joke we have around here for when someone takes a side track from where Jesus wants us to be. It's not what it is cracked up to be. Thank God your little detour didn't last to long. Now shake off the sand. Praise the Lord you have parents that love you and will forgive you. Make sure to forgive yourself and get back on track. It was good that you posted what happened. I pray other young christain read it and learn from it. I missed you and hope your back on track for school in the fall. If you need prayer pm me anytime.

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

Thanks everyone. As Alabaster said- the desert wasn't all cracked up to what it was supposed to be like. I'm dusting myself off, but it seems to be taking too long.

Hey all!
I have to thank you all for being concerned, and giving me positive thoughts. I was talking with a friend last night, and they really brought to my attention somethings I didn't realize about myself, without even coming out and saying it. Pretty much I need to stop complaining. Life could be a lot worse than it actually is. A LOT worse. So, I'm single. Whoopdiedo. It's not the end of the world. I need to start focusing more on my walk with Christ, and college. And, I'm making up for my lost days in my teenage years, when we almost lost both of my parents. I had to grow up fast, and now. Any one wanna join me in making up the lost days? :shade: I'm taking applications..... don't know what we'll do. Take a road trip, visit Mahea in Hawaii(lol). Anything that has fun written all over it!

In Christ,
History

Last edited:
HistoryMaker said:
Pretty much I need to stop complaining. Life could be a lot worse than it actually is.

I know this retired Pastor(Pastors never really retire) who says when you ask him how he is doing he always says
"I could complain but what good would it do me"
Which I believe are good words to live by. Just thought I would share that with you.

Peace be with you,
Your Brother in Christ,
John.

We bring most of our problems on our selves.I made so many mistakes in my 58 years on earth .But the LORD is long suffering with us .And HE ONLY WANTS THE BEST FOR HIS KIDS .But our own feelings and understanding gets in the way .This is kinda a harsh vs.but very important in our lifes!
1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1Sa 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
repenting oputs us right back with HIM .Then all we have to do is count it a bad experianceand seek to be with who HE WANTS US WITH ?HE HAS THE BEST PLANS FOR US !

look to Jesus

my title says it all, look to Jesus.

God has a plan for you History and it may either not be the right time for you to date or you may never marry but the key is to draw closer to God as only that way will you receive peace in your life.

So often we all look to go our own way. Indeed, with my beloved, at one point there was a danger of taking our eyes off Jesus but if we focus on Him He will help you in these matters and fill you with love joy and peace.

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness :D

God bless
David

Girl i totally Understand ya.
and yes i am younger than you...just think of me as a younger sis, ok?

at times i have a hard time listening to my dad to, (both Heavenly and earth-ly)
and whenever i haven't listened it has come back to bite me on the butt!
(well not literally)
but, one thing i have learned it that even though I might think that i'm ready for a guy, doesn't mean that God does...

so don't be discouraged...instead be excited! 'cause i figure the longer the wait, the more i'll be prepared for my guy and the more prepared he'll be for me!

:cup:
Heather

oh and if you're still up for a road trip, count me it!

thanks for sharing this with us!!!
im glad i read what u wrote!!!
i mean after reading what u wrote some stuff became clear for me!!!
i mean like having a bf and going after what i think and not if its gods will!!!
i mean i made a big mistake there......but thats a differnt story!!!
thanks again for sharing this!!!
god bless
kara

lola said:
Girl i totally Understand ya.
and yes i am younger than you...just think of me as a younger sis, ok?

at times i have a hard time listening to my dad to, (both Heavenly and earth-ly)
and whenever i haven't listened it has come back to bite me on the butt!
(well not literally)
but, one thing i have learned it that even though I might think that i'm ready for a guy, doesn't mean that God does...

so don't be discouraged...instead be excited! 'cause i figure the longer the wait, the more i'll be prepared for my guy and the more prepared he'll be for me!

Heather

oh and if you're still up for a road trip, count me it!

Ah, younger sisters are good! I've only got a younger brother........ it's a tough thing being single, but as you said, don't be discouraged. Just yesterday, God revealed a lot of things to me. I don't know if he is for sure, but I feel God has put me in a class with a professor who is a Christian. He didn't come out and say it, but I just have this strong feeling that he is. Focus on the walk again, and again, and again. And don't be selfish. God knows the desires of our hearts. He made man and woman to be together. But right now is not the time for me, I don't know why. I'm being refined I know through the fire, and I'm happy for it! I'm looking at my life again, and throwing some things out mentally, physically, things that shouldn't be there spiritually also. And focusing on the cross, what Jesus has done for me, and what he will do for me. I don't know what God holds for me tomorrow. All I can do is put my hope, my faith, my love, my whole self into Him, and see what He will do.

As for the road trip..... how about next year? lol

You're welcome uknowme! One reason why I posted- to help others. I'm young, but I believe God is calling me into teens/young adults. I don't want to see others get hurt. Of course, that does help us grow more. But, I like to put warnings out for some! People warned me about it, and I didn't listen. I learned the hard way. But, God is an awesome Father, and He said "I forgive you." BUT..... we have to turn away from that. I've repented, and now I'm turning away from it. You don't know how hard it actually is for me when I log on to the net each time to go and find a dating site, and find a guy. It's slowly becoming not so hard. Sometimes, I don't think about it. But, as I replied to above, I have to wait. It's hard, but I know I will be rewarded for it!

In Christ,
Alisha---------> HistoryMaker

Focus on the walk again, and again, and again. And don't be selfish. God knows the desires of our hearts. He made man and woman to be together. But right now is not the time for me, I don't know why. I'm being refined I know through the fire, and I'm happy for it! I'm looking at my life again, and throwing some things out mentally, physically, things that shouldn't be there spiritually also. And focusing on the cross, what Jesus has done for me, and what he will do for me. I don't know what God holds for me tomorrow. All I can do is put my hope, my faith, my love, my whole self into Him, and see what He will do.

As for the road trip..... how about next year? lol

well, big sis, looks like you're back on track!
Good, i'm glad!! i've been letting go of some things, that i also don't need...
and it's just amazing how light ya feel once God's done his spring cleaning!
God bless ya girlly

Heather

so will ya be swinging through Wisconsin any time soon? ;)