Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

To be, or not to be

Discussion in 'Seeking Jesus' started by cmd73, Apr 21, 2018.

1. After a PM from a Christian on another forum, I was asked if I believed in God.

Now that got me thinking, what does what I believe have to do with that person or anyone else? If someone is only engaging me to find out if I believe in God, then isn't that a superficial approach to knowing someone?

What could it possibly add to this person to know if I believed in God or not? Are they going to be changed in some dramatic way because I do or don't believe in their God, or God altogether?

Sent from a mobile device
  2. He probably cared about you.

amadeus2 likes this.
  3. You need to know a person and their needs first if you want to say you care for someone.

4. Well, I think you're partly correct about that....

5. Well, how can you help someone if you don't know their needs?
    How can you know someones needs if you know nothing about them?

6. I think you can have a heart for people without ever talking a word to them. However you are correct when you write that true caring and helping ought to come after finding out about what they need. Yet he probably did have a need driving him at heart.

8. Hmmmm...

9. You must get inside the dolphin's head.

10. Or... simply as one of His sheep let us listen to what He is saying when He tells us what He wants us to do:

"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:26-27