would you want your wife to confess to you that she had been unfaithful, or would you rather not know. She has repented to the Lord and has asked for forgiveness. Her heart is ladened with her indiscretion. She loves you and knows she would never do it again because of all the inner turmoil it has caused her and its a sin against God. Please answer honestly and give your reasons.If you want to know my pain and anguish please read infidelity thread. I have condemned myself a thousand times, so please try and refrain from casting any stones. thanks.
Dear Elaine: I read your thread on fidelity and will offer what my wife and I, married 19 1/2 years, discussed in our devotions even though we never had an affair with anyone else;
1. If confessed that she was unfaithful and repents to the Lord
2. The turmoil that she endured inside
3. She sought spiritual counsel from an authorized pastor or priest
4. Takes me in a solitude place and confesses to me of her affair
It is going to stir up hurt, burn inside, anger me, fits of jealously, my thoughts all over the place, and it should..I may not trust her, it may take a long time to heal inside me, but I know that the 4 steps my wife has taken shows me she truly repents for what she did and by confessing to me shows that she truly loves me..I take this to the Lord and yes, I will forgive her and stay with her. I would much rather she told me because I also love her and do not want the bondage to remain inside her even though she repented to God and was forgiven.
6. Should she decide not to take me to a solitude place and confess or,
7. Somehow, someway, by chance, or by God and most likely God, I found out later, or years later..I feel this voids 1, 2, and 3 and start to question her trust in God's forgiveness, and her trust in me being a Godly man to forgive.
You have sought God, counsel, and love from your brothers and sisters here at Talk Jesus, Elaine, please do not rely on your own understanding but continue to seek God's will and trust Him.