• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Titus 3:8-9

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Titus 3:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Titus 3:8-9 Good News Translation (GNT)

8 This is a true saying.

I want you to give special emphasis to these matters, so that those who believe in God may be concerned with giving their time to doing good deeds, which are good and useful for everyone. 9 But avoid stupid arguments, long lists of ancestors, quarrels, and fights about the Law. They are useless and worthless.

Good News Translation (GNT) Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 It profits us to believe the word and stand strong in the word by doing good works, these good works truly show that the word is in us, us being faithful shows we truly have Jesus. We need to keep our thoughts on God and by Him we will excel and by Him we can do good.

9 This world is full of vanity, without having the Lord it is meaningless. The world keeps seeking answers but He is the answer they need. It doesn’t matter where we come from as much as it matters whose we are. The world conflicts with each other and with God, we are to as Christians try to first have peace with the Lord then man, peace with man is never to come before our right standing with the Lord.

Titus 3:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Titus 3:8-9 Good News Translation (GNT)

8 This is a true saying.

I want you to give special emphasis to these matters, so that those who believe in God may be concerned with giving their time to doing good deeds, which are good and useful for everyone. 9 But avoid stupid arguments, long lists of ancestors, quarrels, and fights about the Law. They are useless and worthless.

Good News Translation (GNT) Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 It profits us to believe the word and stand strong in the word by doing good works, these good works truly show that the word is in us, us being faithful shows we truly have Jesus. We need to keep our thoughts on God and by Him we will excel and by Him we can do good.

9 This world is full of vanity, without having the Lord it is meaningless. The world keeps seeking answers but He is the answer they need. It doesn’t matter where we come from as much as it matters whose we are. The world conflicts with each other and with God, we are to as Christians try to first have peace with the Lord then man, peace with man is never to come before our right standing with the Lord.
Hello Clark,

Yes, and foolish questions, contentions and striving about words are to be avoided, for they do not profit anyone.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Yes. Indeed, they profit nothing. We must grab in God's Word and let them proceed from our mouth for they are words of wisdom which profit others. It also makes our ways prosperous.