• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Titus 3:15

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Titus 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 All that are with me salute thee. Greet them that love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.

Titus 3:15 Good News Translation (GNT)

15 All who are with me send you greetings. Give our greetings to our friends in the faith. God's grace be with you all.

Good News Translation (GNT) Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

Do we greet each other with love or out of duty, when we meet someone we haven’t seen in a while do we ever try to make it quick because we should show His love thru our greetings. We have grace this allows us to display His love, so we need to display it to everyone we come into contact with.

Active
KJV says love, GNT says friends.

I would say show love by greeting your friends i.e brothers and sisters in Christ.

I mean you could come into contact with someone whos horrible and doesnt know Jesus, and still greet them, but you might be meeting or going past hundreds of people a day...so you dont need to make it a rule to greet every single person or you may not get your work done.

Which is why in many languages there are two words for hello, one for inviduals and one for groups. Just as in KJV they would say thee and ye. Meaning you personally or you all.

Sometimes, cos am busy, I just wave. That is a salute. Or raise my eyebrow. You dont always need to stay and chat, then have a cup of tea, and with some people they want you to go shopping with them...and then you end up spending the whole day...oy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
Always be kind to everyone you meet and go out of your way to acknowledge them when you can. I have a neighbor ( in the neighborhood), that I barely know, he doesn't give me the time of day when we pass by and responds indifferent when I acknowledge him. I think your verses apply to brothers and sisters in Christ.

Loyal
Titus 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 All that are with me salute thee. Greet them that love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.

Titus 3:15 Good News Translation (GNT)

15 All who are with me send you greetings. Give our greetings to our friends in the faith. God's grace be with you all.

Good News Translation (GNT) Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

Do we greet each other with love or out of duty, when we meet someone we haven’t seen in a while do we ever try to make it quick because we should show His love thru our greetings. We have grace this allows us to display His love, so we need to display it to everyone we come into contact with.
I like to talk with people, and I get excited when I see someone I have not seen in a while, unless of course they are snubbing me, scowling at me, avoiding me, etc., because they don't like me for some reason or another, but I even speak to them, and say "hello" and ask them how they are doing, if I can, or if it is appropriate. I am the type (and my husband, too), that if we are out at a restaurant and people show up we know and we have room at our table that we will invite them to sit with us and eat with us. We talk to the baker, the butcher, the deli people, to servers, to cashier's, etc., i.e. to whomever will listen to us. I do have a tendency to be in my own world sometimes, though, and I forget to talk to the cashiers at the grocery store or to our servers at a restaurant, but I'm working on that. I think that goes along with being naturally introverted (not outgoing). But, we like talking with people, maybe more than they would like, sometimes. :smile: I especially like talking with people about Jesus and hearing them share their walks of faith with me, because that encourages my heart. I like to hear how God is speaking to others and how he is using them.

Active
My second (or third) thoughts on this verse is that Paul wants to say greetings on behalf of the members church he's with and hes mentioned a few names in his letter to Titus..it seems they are travelling on missions.

Aretemus
Tychichus
Zenas
Apollos

Good news from far away is like cold water to a weary soul.

Proverbs 25:25

DId Paul actually marry and have children...? Just wondering cos he calls Titus his own son in this letter. He also called Timothy his son in the faith as well, But Titus is his dearly beloved son. Or did he adopt? But then he also has Philemon who he calls his brother.

I always thought Paul stayed single. Did he marry Eunice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Bible Discussions 1
C Bible Discussions 0
C Bible Discussions 0