• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Three Trinities in Genesis 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Trinity, a doctrine central and unique to Christianity, is hated by every cult. Yet it is taught throughout scripture, even if it is beyond human understanding. The human mind can't encompass it fully; we accept it by faith. This faith is not, as those who go through philosophy courses in college insist, "a blind leap into total darkness, hoping despite the evidence, that something soft is there to land on." Instead, it's trust in a person (God) who shows by myriad examples in things we can verify, that He can be believed and trusted when He reveals things we can't as yet test. After all, it is only by revelation we can learn anything about God at all.

God Himself admits that He is beyond human understanding. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9) St. Paul agrees. "Oh the depths of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out." (Romans 11:33 NIV) "Now we see but a poor reflection; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." (1 Corinthians 13:12)

There are many things about God we can't understand. But we can understand in part. God is infinite. Mathematicians say infinity is a number, but ask a mathematician what the square root of infinity is, or infinity -21, and he'll just look at you funny. Infinity can't be truly understood. Yet infinity can be partially understood, or the word wouldn't exist.

Many things in the world around us aren't understood. Atoms are simple things. But if you think you understand one fully, drop by Stanford University. Physicists there have spent the last 100 or so years and multiple millions of dollars trying to figure them out. They'd love to meet you. But even though we don't know all about atoms, it doesn't stop us from using atoms in chemistry and nuclear power.

Better yet, let’s take light. Light is a particle that acts like a wave, except when it isn't a particle, because it's a wave that acts like a particle impersonating a wave that thinks it's a particle. There are experiments that you can do that absolutely prove light is a particle and not a wave, but at the same time there are experiments you can do that prove that light is a wave and beyond doubt not a particle. And if the wave-particle business wasn't confusing enough, light is a trinity of energies: Calorific, Luminescent, and Kinetic.

For us nonscientists, Calorific doesn't mean fattening. It means heat. That's how Easy Bake Ovens cook things using a light bulb as a heat source. Luminescent is that energy you usually think of as light. It's the visible light, as well as ultraviolet and infrared. Kinetic is motion energy, which light has a lot of, to move at 186,000 miles a second. Each of the three is not the other, yet can't be separated. There is no such thing as light which stands still. Even 'cold light' from fireflies is only relatively cool compared to other light sources.

Light is 3 in 1. Which may be why God started Creation with it. "Let there be light!" (Genesis 1:3), This 3 in oneness may be why God seems fond of comparing Himself to light. ("God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5 NIV)

Living humans are trinities composed of body, soul and spirit. Take the soul and spirit out of the body and you have a dead human being. Why is it so reprehensible in the eyes of the cults when God also reveals Himself to be a triune being?

Creation starts when one Trinity (God) creates a trinity (light) and ends with Him making a final trinity (man). Thus Genesis 1 has 3 trinities, where cults can't even see 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.