• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Loyal
In All Things
Romans 8:28-30 NIV

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Who are those who love God? They are those who believe in his Son Jesus Christ as their Lord and as their Savior. They are crucified with Christ in death to sin, and they live with Christ to his righteousness. They walk, in lifestyle, according to the Spirit of God, and not according to their sinful flesh. Their minds are set on what the Spirit of God desires, not on what the flesh desires.

So, by the Spirit of God, they are putting to death the misdeeds of the flesh. They who are being led by the Spirit of God, are the children of God. Thus, they share in Christ’s sufferings that they may also share in his glory (See: Rom. 6:1-23; Rom. 8:1-17).

For those of us who love God, and who show we love God by the things we do, i.e. who follow him in his ways and in his truth, God is working all things for good in our lives, even the things which, on the surface, do not seem so good, or that even seem very bad. Even what Satan intends for evil in our lives, God intends for good, for what is in our best interest, for what we need, i.e. for what is beneficial for us spiritually.

What this means is that God is absolutely sovereign over our lives. Nothing can touch us but what God allows it, and he allows it for a purpose, and that he will bring good out of it in some way. He allows suffering in our lives, for by it we are being purified, made holy and conformed to the likeness of Christ.

Through our suffering, we learn to rely on God and not on ourselves. We learn to turn to the Lord in our times of need rather than trust in our own resources. And, through our suffering we also gain compassion for the hurting, passion for the things of God, perseverance in walking this walk of faith, and we grow in love with God during these times, too.

If God is For Us
Romans 8:31-36 NASB

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Just as it is written,

“For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

This is not saying that some people, or Satan and his hordes, won’t be against us, for they will. Jesus said we would be hated like he was hated, and that we will be persecuted, as he was persecuted. Some of us, too, will be betrayed, even as he was betrayed by one of his own disciples, and maybe, too, unto death.

Yet, what this is saying is that, in all these things, for those of us who are his followers, who love him, he is with us, and he will see us through it all. He will provide everything we need for us to fight against Satan, to be strong in battle, to persevere, and to not give way to fear. We do not have to fear our circumstances or any forces raised against us, for our God is able to see us through any and every situation which presents itself against us. And, he will make a way for us where there seems to be no way.

There is nothing in our lives too big for God! In fact, God had our lives all planned out for us even before the creation of the world. Nothing catches him by surprise. He knew, before he even made us, all that we would go through. And, he had a plan for how he was going to work it all out for his purposes and for his glory, and for our strengthening, and as a testimony for Him to the lives of others. We just have to trust him, rest in him, believe him, and surrender to his will and to his ways, and then cooperate with his will and purposes by doing what he leads us to do.

In all that we go through in this life, our God is with us, he will never leave us or forsake us. Nothing can separate us from his love. He works in ways we cannot see. We just need to cry it all out to him, and let his peace flow over into our hearts. And, believe that he truly will work it all out for our good, and for the advancement of his eternal kingdom.

More Than Conquerors
Romans 8:37-39 NIV

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No matter the difficulties we face in this life, or how tough things can get sometimes, and how overwhelming they may seem, at times, too, we can be victorious over them through our Lord, who loves us exceedingly above all that we could imagine.

Even on days when we do not feel the presence of God with us, he is still there. Even when we can’t hear his voice during times when Satan is fighting hard against us, God is still there. Even when the days are dark, and evil prevails, and so much seems so hopeless, at times, our God is still there. He is still on his throne, and he is still completely sovereign over all that he has made. And, he will carry us through it all. We just have to keep believing, and keep trusting, and keep persevering, and keep resting in HIM.

When I Am Afraid / An Original Work
October 17, 2016 / Based off Psalms 56-57

When I am afraid, Lord, I will trust in You.
Your Word, Lord, I praise. I yield my life to You.
Enemies pursue me, slandering Your Name.
Lord, have mercy. I trust in You. Hear my cry today.

Lord, I love Your Word. It comforts me today,
As I look to you, and bow my head and pray.
You are Christ, my Lord. You saved me from my sin,
That I may walk, Lord before You, purified within.

Steadfast is my heart, O God, I sing of You.
I will praise You, Lord. To You, I will be true.
Oh, how great Your love. Your faithfulness endue.
Be exalted, God of heaven. Glory be to You.

Monday, March 12, 2018, 11:21 p.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for these encouraging words. Thank you that you never leave us, too. Amen!

In All Things
Romans 8:28-30 NIV

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Who are those who love God? They are those who believe in his Son Jesus Christ as their Lord and as their Savior. They are crucified with Christ in death to sin, and they live with Christ to his righteousness. They walk, in lifestyle, according to the Spirit of God, and not according to their sinful flesh. Their minds are set on what the Spirit of God desires, not on what the flesh desires.

So, by the Spirit of God, they are putting to death the misdeeds of the flesh. They who are being led by the Spirit of God, are the children of God. Thus, they share in Christ’s sufferings that they may also share in his glory (See: Rom. 6:1-23; Rom. 8:1-17).

For those of us who love God, and who show we love God by the things we do, i.e. who follow him in his ways and in his truth, God is working all things for good in our lives, even the things which, on the surface, do not seem so good, or that even seem very bad. Even what Satan intends for evil in our lives, God intends for good, for what is in our best interest, for what we need, i.e. for what is beneficial for us spiritually.

What this means is that God is absolutely sovereign over our lives. Nothing can touch us but what God allows it, and he allows it for a purpose, and that he will bring good out of it in some way. He allows suffering in our lives, for by it we are being purified, made holy and conformed to the likeness of Christ.

Through our suffering, we learn to rely on God and not on ourselves. We learn to turn to the Lord in our times of need rather than trust in our own resources. And, through our suffering we also gain compassion for the hurting, passion for the things of God, perseverance in walking this walk of faith, and we grow in love with God during these times, too.

If God is For Us
Romans 8:31-36 NASB

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Just as it is written,

“For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

This is not saying that some people, or Satan and his hordes, won’t be against us, for they will. Jesus said we would be hated like he was hated, and that we will be persecuted, as he was persecuted. Some of us, too, will be betrayed, even as he was betrayed by one of his own disciples, and maybe, too, unto death.

Yet, what this is saying is that, in all these things, for those of us who are his followers, who love him, he is with us, and he will see us through it all. He will provide everything we need for us to fight against Satan, to be strong in battle, to persevere, and to not give way to fear. We do not have to fear our circumstances or any forces raised against us, for our God is able to see us through any and every situation which presents itself against us. And, he will make a way for us where there seems to be no way.

There is nothing in our lives too big for God! In fact, God had our lives all planned out for us even before the creation of the world. Nothing catches him by surprise. He knew, before he even made us, all that we would go through. And, he had a plan for how he was going to work it all out for his purposes and for his glory, and for our strengthening, and as a testimony for Him to the lives of others. We just have to trust him, rest in him, believe him, and surrender to his will and to his ways, and then cooperate with his will and purposes by doing what he leads us to do.

In all that we go through in this life, our God is with us, he will never leave us or forsake us. Nothing can separate us from his love. He works in ways we cannot see. We just need to cry it all out to him, and let his peace flow over into our hearts. And, believe that he truly will work it all out for our good, and for the advancement of his eternal kingdom.

More Than Conquerors
Romans 8:37-39 NIV

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No matter the difficulties we face in this life, or how tough things can get sometimes, and how overwhelming they may seem, at times, too, we can be victorious over them through our Lord, who loves us exceedingly above all that we could imagine.

Even on days when we do not feel the presence of God with us, he is still there. Even when we can’t hear his voice during times when Satan is fighting hard against us, God is still there. Even when the days are dark, and evil prevails, and so much seems so hopeless, at times, our God is still there. He is still on his throne, and he is still completely sovereign over all that he has made. And, he will carry us through it all. We just have to keep believing, and keep trusting, and keep persevering, and keep resting in HIM.

When I Am Afraid / An Original Work
October 17, 2016 / Based off Psalms 56-57

When I am afraid, Lord, I will trust in You.
Your Word, Lord, I praise. I yield my life to You.
Enemies pursue me, slandering Your Name.
Lord, have mercy. I trust in You. Hear my cry today.

Lord, I love Your Word. It comforts me today,
As I look to you, and bow my head and pray.
You are Christ, my Lord. You saved me from my sin,
That I may walk, Lord before You, purified within.

Steadfast is my heart, O God, I sing of You.
I will praise You, Lord. To You, I will be true.
Oh, how great Your love. Your faithfulness endue.
Be exalted, God of heaven. Glory be to You.

Monday, March 12, 2018, 11:21 p.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for these encouraging words. Thank you that you never leave us, too. Amen!

Praise God! This is nothing but the Truth. We must rejoice in trials and tribulations. We serve a mighty God who forever reigns!

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
-Romans 5:3-5

Loyal
Praise God! This is nothing but the Truth. We must rejoice in trials and tribulations. We serve a mighty God who forever reigns!

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
-Romans 5:3-5

Amen! Thank you, Jasmine!