• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Those who love God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Sometimes I think some Christians separate Jesus from God in a way.
If you ask them if they love Jesus, they will say yes, often without even thinking about it. It's just a reflex
answer you say out of habit. Sometimes almost flippantly.
On the other hand, if you ask them if they love God... they will often hem and haw, think about it, and
sometimes even say they aren't sure.

All of these verses are in the new testament.

Matt 22:37; And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'
Mark 12:30; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'
Luke 10:27; And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Matt 22:38; This is the first and greatest commandment.

So it seems, the first thing we are supposed to do... above all others things... is love God.

There are some verses specifically written for "those who love God".

Rom 8:28; And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
1 Jn 4:20; If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
1 Jn 5:2; By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.

According to the last two verses, there are requirements to showing love to God.
Do you love God? How do you show Him?

John 8:42; Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.

John 14:23; Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
John 14:24; "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me.

John 15:9; "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.
John 15:10; "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Jesus tells of the ways people will love Him, and the ways He knows people do not love Him.
Do you love Him? Do you really? The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

1 Jn 2:15; Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Jn 5:3; For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.
2 Jn 1:6; And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

2 Cor 13:5; Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in youunless indeed you fail the test?

1Jn 3:24; The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and Christ in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Is Jesus in you? Do you pass the test? Do you love Him?

John 14:15; "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Active
Jesus called God his Father and I know some christians dont really Call him their Father or abba.you must be truly born again of spirit and water to know him as abba father.

Thats howt it seems to me anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Sue J Love Sermons & Podcasts 2
M Christian Counseling 3