• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

This isn't home

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

" There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am." John 14: 2-3 NLT

You were born heaven-equipped with a hunger for your heavenly home. Need proof? Consider your questions. Questions about death and time, significance and relevance. Animals don't seem to ask the questions we do. Dogs howl at the moon, but we stare at it. How did we get here? What are we here for? Are we someone's idea or something's accident? Why on earth are we on this earth?

We ask questions about pain. The words leukemia and child shouldn't appear in the same sentence. And war. Can't conflict go the way of cassette tapes and telegrams? And the grave. Why is the dash between the dates on the tombstone so small? Something tells us this isn't right, good, fair. This isn't home.

From whence come these stirrings? Who put these thoughts in our heads? Why can't we, like rabbits, be happy with carrots and copulation? Because, according to Jesus, we aren't home yet.