• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

This is my King!

Active
Oh how I desire to be like the Lord Jesus, the King! But how??!! What faith! What obedience! What fearlessness! The praises shall go on and on and on!

He entered his headquarters again and asked Jesus, “Where are you from?” But Jesus gave him no answer. Pilate therefore said to him, “Do you refuse to speak to me? Do you not know that I have power to release you, and power to crucify you?” Jesus answered him, “You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above; therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Could you imagine even thinking that if a judge and jury wrongfully convicted you and laid the death sentence upon you??!!??!!
#worthy is the Lamb!!
#let Your justice be done!!
#meekness is not weakness!!
#let me be still!!
#out of this world!!
#halleluyah!!

Loyal
Oh how I desire to be like the Lord Jesus, the King! But how??!! What faith! What obedience! What fearlessness! The praises shall go on and on and on!

He entered his headquarters again and asked Jesus, “Where are you from?” But Jesus gave him no answer. Pilate therefore said to him, “Do you refuse to speak to me? Do you not know that I have power to release you, and power to crucify you?” Jesus answered him, “You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above; therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Could you imagine even thinking that if a judge and jury wrongfully convicted you and laid the death sentence upon you??!!??!!
#worthy is the Lamb!!
#let me be still!!
#out of this world!!
#halleluyah!!
Here is thought and thought only. When Jesus said these words:
“You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above;
therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Let us just says this: At a "appropriate time' "GOD The FATHER" at a Precise Moment gave The JEWS people the "power" to stand in JUDGMENT, in mind or thought to Condemn "HIS SON" to the cross, then relinquish it back to HIM Self "THE FATHER". in order that:
_____________ ______ ________ _______ __ _______ _____ ____ ___ ______ ______ ______ ____! try to fill in the planks with "scripture" Prophecy , maybe I don't know. It is not the 1st. throughout the years I have come to this conclusion about this text of Scripture.

Acts 13:28 BSB
…"The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning Him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath. And though they foundno ground for a death sentence, they askedPilate to have Him executed. When they had carried out all that was written about Him,"

Look at it, it is something there, I am not saying it is "absolute". but something is there.

PloughBoy, use no aids or commentaries.

Loyal
Here is thought and thought only. When Jesus said these words:
“You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above; therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Let us just says this: At a "appropriate time' "GOD The FATHER" at a Precise Moment gave The JEWS people the "power" to stand in JUDGMENT, in mind or thought to Condemn "HIS SON" to the cross, then relinquish it back to HIM Self "THE FATHER". in order that:
_____________ ______ ________ _______ __ _______ _____ ____ ___ ______ ______ ______ ____! try to fill in the planks with "scripture" Prophecy , maybe I don't know. It is not the 1st. throughout the years I have come to this conclusion about this text of Scripture.

Acts 13:28 BSB
…"The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning Him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath. And though they foundno ground for a death sentence, they askedPilate to have Him executed. When they had carried out all that was written about Him,"

Look at it, it is something there, I am not saying it is "absolute". but something is there.

PloughBoy, use no aids or commentaries.
PloughBoy said:-
Let us just says this: At a "appropriate time' "GOD The FATHER" at a Precise Moment gave The JEWS people the "power" to stand in JUDGMENT, in mind or thought to Condemn "HIS SON" to the cross, then relinquish it back to HIM Self "THE FATHER". in order that:-
_____________ ______ ________ _______ __ _______ _____ ____ ___ ______ ______ ______ ____! Try to fill in the planks with "scripture" Prophecy , maybe I don't know. It is not the 1st. throughout the years I have come to this conclusion about this text of Scripture.

Hello there,

I can't place the exact reference you refer to, but this is what came to my mind:-

* In order that:- God's perfect will be done in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. That His blood be the blood of the New Covenant, promised by God through Jeremiah the Prophet in relation to the People of Israel,

'Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
that I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt;
which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, saith the LORD,
I will put my law in their inward parts,
and write it in their hearts;
and will be their God,
and they shall be My People.'
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour,
and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD:
for they shall all know Me,
from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
for I will forgive their iniquity,
and I will remember their sin no more.'
(Jer 31:31-34)

* This is just one of God's accomplishments, through Christ Jesus His Beloved Son, Who came to do the will of the Father, and to finish His work.
* He also destroyed the work of Satan, and delivered all who through fear of death were subject to bondage, by faith in His sacrifice for sin.

'Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood,
He also Himself likewise took part of the same;
that through death
He might destroy Him that had the power of death,
that is, the devil;
And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
For verily He took not on Him the nature of angels; but He took on him the seed of Abraham.'
(Heb 2:14-16)

Praise His Holy Name!

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Now risen and glorified,
and sat at God's right hand.
( and we in Him )

What amazing Grace!!
What resurrection power!!

Thank you
Chris

Loyal
:grinning: That is "Rich"! The Old Pastors of years ago. in The assembly of "Pastors" only. Would look around at each other, and say to one another "That is Rich".:pensive:

Not money or jewel rich. But like The "Richness" that use to come off of "The Top of The Milk, in Those Glass Milk Bottles when I was a kid.:pensive:.

I am PloughBoy, and I am enjoying The meal. And I do not mind drinking The "Richness" from your hand. It is more better than "the Fatness" of this land.

"Child of GOD",

I Thank you!:pensive:

Loyal
@Mister
@PloughBoy

@Mister said:-
(John 19:11)

Hello there,

My mind is buzzing around the question raised by PloughBoy, Mister: in relation to this verse you quote, and I have had to come downstairs and look at this thread, because I can't sleep! My thoughts went to two Scriptures, the first were the words of Caiaphas, and the other the words of our Lord concerning Jerusalem, both below.

'And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them,
"Ye know nothing at all, Nor consider that it is expedient for us,
that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
And this spake he not of himself:
but being high priest that year,
he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
And not for that nation only,
but that also he should gather together in one
the children of God that were scattered abroad.
Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put Him to death.
Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews;
but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness,
into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with His disciples.'
(John 11:49-54)

'The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him,
"Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee."
And He said unto them, "Go ye, and tell that fox,
Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow,
and the third day I shall be perfected.
Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following:
for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee;
how often would I have gathered thy children together,
as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate:
and verily I say unto you,
Ye shall not see Me, until the time come when ye shall say,
Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord."
(Luke 13:31-35)

'How is the faithful city become an harlot!
it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it;
but now murderers.'
(Isa 1:21)

* Then there is Isaiah 53:8-12:-

'He was taken from prison and from judgment:
and who shall declare His generation?
for He was cut off out of the land of the living:
for the transgression of My people was He stricken.
And He made His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in His death;
because He had done no violence, neither was any deceit in His mouth.
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He hath put Him to grief:
when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.
He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied:
by His knowledge shall My righteous servant justify many;
for He shall bear their iniquities.
Therefore will I divide Him a portion with the great,
and He shall divide the spoil with the strong;
because He hath poured out His soul unto death:
and He was numbered with the transgressors;
and He bare the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.'
(Isaiah 53:8-12)

'And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary,
there they crucified Him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
Then said Jesus, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
And they parted His raiment, and cast lots.
And the people stood beholding.
And the rulers also with them derided Him, saying,
"He saved others; let Him save Himself, if He be Christ, the chosen of God."'
(Luke 23:33-35)

* All honour, glory and praise, to Him Who loved us and gave Himself for us.

Amen

Loyal
'Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him;
He hath put Him to grief:
when Thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed,
He shall prolong His days,
and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.'

Hello @PloughBoy,

Looking at Isaiah 53:10, and the words, 'Thou shalt make His soul (ie., He Himself) an offering for sin': To whom is the word, 'Thou', referring?

Leviticus 14: 12 & 21 uses the word translated 'offering', and Psalm 40. It is the trespass offering, and is brought by the one requiring cleansing. So is the word, 'Thou' (above) referring to the People of Israel? Who made 'His soul' an offering for sin', ('His soul'. being His whole person)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
This is what came to me in prayer: it pleased Him to crush him [were my thoughts] (@complete I did not read your post #5 in full and post #6 till after)

and I will expand what I see had happened while our King was in front of Pilate

Isaiah 53: 7-12
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

What were your thoughts? @PloughBoy

Loyal

#worthy is the Lamb!!
#let me be still!!
#out of this world!!
#halleluyah!!
Hello @Mister,

Those words, 'you would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above,' are good to remember and keep in mind when going through a time of trial ourselves, aren't they? It reminds me of the words of Paul in, Ephesians 3:1, in relation to his imprisonment in a Roman prison:- '... the prisoner of Jesus Christ, ... '. He reckoned himself to be a prisoner, not of Rome, but of Christ Jesus His risen and glorified, Saviour and Lord.

He, by God's grace, was enabled to endure, because he was suffering according to the will of God, for the Gentiles, to whom his apostleship was directed. There, in that prison cell, he received and made known, by the spoken and written word, the revelation of God concerning the church which is the Body of Christ: the mystery of Christ; 'in' or alternatively 'among' you, 'the hope of glory' (Colossians 1:27) - the Living Word. Salvation had been sent to the Gentiles, at Acts 28:28, when like their countrymen, in the land of Israel, the dispersed of Israel failed to acknowledge the risen Lord, as their Messiah and King.

Our trials have a purpose, so we can embrace them by faith, knowing that He would not allow them, without providing the strength to endure. My Mother lost three children one after the other, aged, 9, 2, and new born, but she could say when questioned regarding the goodness of God in the face of such events, 'He would not put me through this, without providing me with the strength to endure it.' A little girl listened from the landing outside her bedroom, and those words were not forgotten, so that when many years later, her own daughter died at the age of 32 with breast cancer, it was those words, by the love of God, that He brought back to her remembrance, and which she shared with others, who were blessed as a consequence. She was my sister.

All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Father also 'in' Him.
'Christ Jesus'
(our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head
).
Chris

Active
Hello @Mister,

Those words, 'you would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above,' are good to remember and keep in mind when going through a time of trial ourselves, aren't they?
Yes. And they've been tapping on my mind these recent days! I pray that they abound in me instantly when trouble arises. What liberty!!!

Thank you for sharing your story as one example of God harboring and working in your Mother and sister in their tribulations.

Praise ye the LORD!

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Loyal
Yes. And they've been tapping on my mind these recent days! I pray that they abound in me instantly when trouble arises. What liberty!!!

Thank you for sharing your story as one example of God harboring and working in your Mother and sister in their tribulations.

Praise ye the LORD!

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge

, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
@Mister said:-

Then a Place where "Complete" highlighted" in which I commented, Now that is RICH.:pensive: "Post #3" in complete context" it gave me Summary. Into that Post where "Mister" posted.

I could sum up "John 19:11" up in 2 words in the common everyday vernacular of The Common everyday Day Ghetto man. No different ,That how Jesus did it. Who was a friend to the everyday "GHETTO" man and Mary Magdalene women and he never encountered and kept company with a "Christian" yet at that time..:pensive:

But He was a friend;
NASB 1977
“The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax-gatherers and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds.”:pensive: {Drug addicts, and I will not offend any, and to tell the titles of the others who he was a friend of, in order to not offend christians.] but only speak in translations and not The True WORD of GOD, it is to offensive to modern day christians in Christianity, GOD word is Not Holy enough to fall of their ears.:pensive:

Now Arriving back to The "Text" in Question, It all will fall in line, as I address The summary of "Misters" and "Complete" input concerning:

Into common everyday sophisticated words;

In other regards to what "WE KNOW" who is "The Prince and The god of this World and without a doubt "WE KNOW"they don't, but "WE KNOW" who gave him that power, even for purpose. a Divine Decree, for, So Did HE, Ordain to be. "With Purpose".
So here is The "CREAM" The Fat, off of, The PURE MILK".:pensive:

What ever The DEVIl brings your way! Accepted it, if it is To Destroy you, Then wear it like a "Crown of Jewels" and reject all of The ways he wants you TO submit to SIN and Turn Your Back on The "MORALS LAWS of GOD" and If, he wants to Nail your hands and Drive The SPIKES Through The JOINTS of Your soul. So what, you cannot die. If He kills you, so what, Your FATHER is GOD and If He kills you, him the devil had to Get Permission to do so. So go ahead and do not be afraid. It is The will of GOD for you to suffer and to be slayed, that The Manifestation of The Glory of GOD be Revealed. :pensive: Now that is what you call "Rich". in this modern-day age many have no idea about "The Cream on Top of The Milk" when {poverty ran amok] no "Welfare" available then it was "Commodities" only and those services were use in a "discriminating way". But it will not be so, In His "Millennium Reign" With a "IRON ROD":eyes:

I do not know why people do not think Jesus is not Going To Rule with A "Iron ROD" and Dash people to pieces with it in The Millennium Reign and the devil will not be there. [I know why, a lot of christians and people do not know who they really are]:eyes: it was unveiled in "The Anointed One":eyes:

[I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world.”] People do not understand parables period, even the explanations does not describe parables. It is hidden from those who reads them. it is written that they understand clearly but still hidden from them.:pensive: how can they explain something that is unexplainable? It is design for them to argue its meaning. among themselves. GOD made it clear for them but it is unclear and only A "GOD" can do that.

PloughBoy, The song writer wrote The Song: "Go ahead drive the nails through my hands":pensive:

Active
What ever The DEVIl brings your way! Accepted it, if it is To Destroy you, Then wear it like a "Crown of Jewels" and reject all of The ways he wants you TO submit to SIN and Turn Your Back on The "MORALS LAWS of GOD" and If, he wants to Nail your hands and Drive The SPIKES Through The JOINTS of Your soul. So what, you cannot die. If He kills you, so what, Your FATHER is GOD and If He kills you, him the devil had to Get Permission to do so. So go ahead and do not be afraid. It is The will of GOD for you to suffer and to be slayed, that The Manifestation of The Glory of GOD be Revealed.
:sob::sob: EMBOLDEN ME NOW PLEASE LORD LET IT BE TRUE TILL THE END

Loyal
Put it on repeat! :relieved:
I remember when he was in concert at the church our children went to grammar school at, his looked was "RICH' and a deep anointing was on him no smile But rich and Anointed all these years I still remember that Deep Anointing that was on him. it was a heavy Anointing thick . like heavy Oil. of GOD.

The Richness is still there, deep heavy oil. Deep heavenly poured.