• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

This is life

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Is it?

There are many sayings we have about living life, but I have a different view.

Is this universe life?

Read

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.

Mankind did not eat from the tree of life and were expelled from the garden of Eden before they could.

Read

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.

This is God pleading for his people to wake up and choose life over death, but how can you choose life if the way to life is in the garden of Eden?

It says that the way back to Eden is barred by cherubims with a flaming sword turning back and foward.

Read

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

This may mean there are two, one who guards the right side of the tree of knowledge, and one who guards the left side.

This might be a test before we can return to Eden, to see if we still will misuse our desire like Adam & Eve did.

(Maybe)

Loyal
Is it?

Is this universe life?

Read

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.

Mankind did not eat from the tree of life and were expelled from the garden of Eden before they could.
Good thing too....Imagine living forever with a sinful nature? When Adam sinned he took on the nature of his new master Satan... How could God have sent a savior then?

Read

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.

This is God pleading for his people to wake up and choose life over death, but how can you choose life if the way to life is in the garden of Eden?
LOL God sure made the choice easy for us...He even told us which way was the best to choose. The way to life is not the garden of Eden at all....Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life..

It says that the way back to Eden is barred by cherubims with a flaming sword turning back and foward.

Read

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

This may mean there are two, one who guards the right side of the tree of knowledge, and one who guards the left side.
A cherubim is not a cute little angel flitting around...A Cherub (singular form of the plural Cherubim) is the four faced with six wings...a rather scary creature...He faces all directions at once and his body does not turn to change direction.

This might be a test before we can return to Eden, to see if we still will misuse our desire like Adam & Eve did.

(Maybe)
We will be in the 'garden' again my friend...When Jesus takes His bride out then when He comes to bring all His people home..

Loyal
Is it?

Is this universe life?

Read

But then along came Jesus who is the Tree of Life and said,

"...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

Read

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

The Way into the garden was closed and guarded, but Jesus is the Door. Jesus is the Way back in...

"Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. " John 10:7-9

Read

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
And who is it that wields the sword which guards the gate? Is it not that same Jesus we know?

"And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;" Rev 2:12

And the sword itself is Jesus who is the Word of God:

"Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth." Rev 2:16

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

(Maybe)
Our test is what we are going through now. Before Jesus came and paid the price no one was able to approach the Door and enter in and partake of the Tree of Life, but now we can... He provided the Way including all of the necessary tools and the proper garments. It is up to us to use what has been provided.