• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Thirsting for God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah. You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

Physical thirst is tangible. Your throat is dry. Your muscles begin to cramp. In extreme cases, confusion or hallucinations will set in. No matter how severe the case, nobody needs to tell you that you’re thirsty. You instinctively know all the signs.

You also know all the signs of thirst for the good things of this world. You know the longing to finally watch a movie you’ve been waiting to see. You know how it feels to thirst for the presence of a spouse. You know the thirst you feel to hit a physical fitness goal when you’re getting close.

But do you know the signs of spiritual thirst? David did. His whole being longed for God. Bible commentator John Gill suggests that spiritual longing will include a deep desire for the bible, for worship, for church ordinances, for communion, for greater knowledge of Him, and for more grace from Him.

If you aren’t thirsty for such things, something is lacking. When David penned the words of today’s verse, he was in the wilderness of Judah. Even in such extreme circumstances, he knew and experienced all of the signs of spiritual thirst. If you don’t experience this, engage with God and He will slake your thirst today.