• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

think im in love

hello brother and sisters! i got a serious problem you see there is this girl in my church in whom i have is very interesting she is a born again believer and she is also anointed. you see it started like this she use to come to church every sunday and sometimes on tuesday in a bible study, a she never talks to anyone in the church she use to come in and go out and not fellowship with us.

from the first time i saw her i had feelings for her, i started to like her alot well i thought that it was a phase that i am going through as a 19 year old teenager so i tried my best to let it go, this year she now talks to people and she came and spoke to me we have a good friendship relationship now we are even pray partners.

but there is a problem i like her more than just being friends i want to have a relationship with her but it seems like it is impossible because, you will never know who God has in store for you maybe she is only in my life for a season and when the season is up she would go. you see she got a child, and he is about 6 or 7yrs old, i am 19 years i will be twenty in June and she must be around about 26. i cant get her out of my head she is stuck there. i like her alot and i dont know at this point whether what i am feeling for her is it from God or the devil and i dont know how to tell.

does this seem weird? i need help please can anyone give me advice

Last edited:
hello brother and sisters! i got a serious problem you see there is this girl in my church in whom i have is very interesting she is a born again believer and she is also anointed. you see it started like this she use to come to church every sunday and sometimes on tuesday in a bible study, a she never talks to anyone in the church she use to come in and go out and not fellowship with us.

from the first time i saw her i had feelings for her, i started to like her alot well i thought that it was a phase that i am going through as a 19 year old teenager so i tried my best to let it go, this year she now talks to people and she came and spoke to me we have a good friendship relationship now we are even pray partners.

but there is a problem i like her more than just being friends i want to have a relationship with her but it seems like it is impossible because, you will never know who God has in store for you maybe she is only in my life for a season and when the season is up she would go. you see she got a child, and he is about 6 or 7yrs old, i am 19 years i will be twenty in June and she must be around about 26. i cant get her out of my head she is stuck there. i like her alot and i dont know at this point whether what i am feeling for her is it from God or the devil and i dont know how to tell.

does this seem weird? i need help please can anyone give me advice

Dear allistair

Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.

There is nothing wrong with falling in Love with some one but as a Christian we need to be careful that it doesn't over take our attention and control our heart to such an extent that the devil can use it as a strong hold.

JESUS IS NO. 1
Even if you love this girl, Jesus should remain NO.1 in your heart (nothing should take his place), so let the Holy Spirit control the situation and let him guide you.

Many blessings
abigya

thanks alot but how do i try and get her to know that i am in love with her because this is killing me inside big time i know that Jesus is my number one but how do i get her off my head because she is really sweet hey and i dont know how to tell her

Oh, allistair, I find your story so sweet.:love:

From what you have said, I find nothing sinful about your feelings.

As abigya said, keep Jesus #1, because He is your Lord, and He is the One who will determine whether or not this young lady is to be a permanent person in your life.

Pray for her, allistair, that she will grow in Christ. Be her friend. Someday if the time is right, the Lord will help you to tell her how you feel about her.

Your story touched my heart because I realized that you love her so much that you are even willing to take on her child, to help her raise the child. I believe your heart really is in the right place. Keep your sight on JESUS; He will guide you in all paths, including this friendship with your prayer partner.

What really strikes me is that you have been watching her all this time and you knew you loved her the first time you saw her. She sounds like she is cautious to love and has a quiet spirit. She has probably been through alot and she needs your friendship and Christian support.

God bless you, allistair.

(As you might have guessed, I read a lot of Christian romance fiction. Can you imagine that?)

Keep us updated!:sun: Please?

Administrator
Staff Member
Brother, all I can say is ask GOD for guidance. Ask GOD to give you an answer on this. I don't know if it is His will for you to be with a woman about 7 years older than you and a child about 7 years old, but GOD can work in any way He desires. Maybe that burning feeling for her inside you might be from GOD, maybe it isn't.

Pray every day.

I really should comment too,
I'm in love with an agnostic man, i know sounds ludicrous, right?
but it's okay... you know why? cause i don't only believe, no, i KNOW that GOD can change any heart, anyone.

I'm not dating anyone now, not even the guy i love, and i'm not even looking for any dating now, it's just me and GOD now, and when GOD says " Okay my daughter, i've decided to show mercy on you now "
he'll change his heart and his mind and he'll hear God's voice screaming inside him.

If i end up single it is okay, i still have the lord to fill my heart with his unfailing grace.

Pray for GOD's will to happen before yours and increase your feelings for her if it is from him and decrease these feelings if it is from the evil.
KEEP PRAYING!

But, i have a feeling you'll be just fine :)