• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Things Jesus said

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

John 6: 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Can a nonbeliever draw himself to Jesus.

Is he capable of believing in Jesus without being Drawn by the Father.

Loyal
Heb 11:6; And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Acts 17:26; and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,
Acts 17:27; that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

Rom 10:13; for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."
Rom 10:14; How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15; How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"

Jesus said:, no He commanded

Matthew 10:5
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Loyal
Of course after that He said... (commanded)
Mark 16:15; And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Still for the "twelve"... that wasn't really their ministry.. but for Paul and Barnabas.. it was.

Rom 11:13; But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
1 Tim 2:7; For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

In fact every book Paul wrote (with the possible exception of Hebrews, which no one knows for sure who wrote) was written to the Gentiles.

Of course after that He said... (commanded)
Mark 16:15; And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Still for the "twelve"... that wasn't really their ministry.. but for Paul and Barnabas.. it was.

Rom 11:13; But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
1 Tim 2:7; For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

In fact every book Paul wrote (with the possible exception of Hebrews, which no one knows for sure who wrote) was written to the Gentiles.
The sign nailed to the cross said "King of the Jews" Our Lord and Savior.

The 2nd coming, The Lord is King of Kings Lord of Lords, He will bring in the Kingdom of God. HE will rule The Earth.

Zechariah 14:9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Jesus ministered only to the Jews. The Law and Old Testament promises, were for the Jews... not for the Christians

Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Ephsians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Romans 15:
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Those under the Law were held to a different standard, under the covenant Promises

Christians are not of the Circumcision.

We are under The Gospel of Grace, cleansed by the Blood of the Lamb. We are the Body of Christ, Jesus is the head.

The Jews, believer in Christ, were never called Christians.

Loyal

The Final Judgment
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

John 6: 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.
Jesus said this to the Jews. It was because the Father was giving certain men, the apostles, to Christ to teach. This is not a universal statement of all mankind.

Jesus said this to the Jews. It was because the Father was giving certain men, the apostles, to Christ to teach. This is not a universal statement of all mankind.
You know you have made a very good point. I never saw that way. Now you gave me something too think about.

thank you

You know you have made a very good point. I never saw that way. Now you gave me something too think about.

thank you
You're welcome! In chapter 12 He said if He was lifted up He would call all men to Himself.

You're welcome! In chapter 12 He said if He was lifted up He would call all men to Himself.
Yes I see, He shed His blood, the perfect Lamb of God became a living sacrifice for the whole world. good deal :)