• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

There's Always Time For Renewal

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

Staff member
Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Psalm 51:9-10

Renewal isn't a one-time event in your life. The mere mention of a spirit being made new again, or "renewed," means that God expects you to hit low points, to wander, and to struggle. Your spirit can be made new again because God sees your potential--so long as you depend on Him.

As you seek to live in the wholehearted freedom of God's kingdom, you can't create your own clean heart. Breaking you free from sin and guiding you into a life of love and service is a creative act of God.

Most importantly, for your interactions with others, the harder you work to cleanse your own heart, the more likely you are to judge others--and to fail. Receiving a clean heart and right spirit from God as a pure gift is humbling and effective.

Those who recognize the depths of God's mercy live with gratitude and generosity, recognizing that all people are in need of this gift. May God's creativity reshape your life and model a right spirit for others to see.