• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

There is no where in “The Bible” Jesus smile, but he cried.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Have you ever notice that too? Even in the prophetic books of the Bible. I guess he knew what was in man, and his out come and destination. He even had a little sympathy for”Judas”.

Active
Jesus is the prophesied Man of Sorrows.

Isaiah 53
He was despised and rejected by men,
a MAN OF SORROWS, acquainted with grief.

Like one from whom men hide their faces,
He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.
Surely He took on our infirmities
and carried our sorrows;

yet we considered Him stricken by God,
struck down and afflicted.
But He was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,

and by His stripes we are healed.

Active
And apparently ppl who call themselves Christians get offended when I tell them they aren’t Christians if they wont suffer for Christ. That thread of mine suddenly can’t be viewed. Thanks for proving my point about your hypocrisies. You people are no different from the Pharisees that was offended by Jesus’ words of judgment against them! You know who you are, who pretend to be a Christian but when a convicting message comes you shut your ears and snide secretly at those who say things you don’t like to hear! Do you think you can fool God about your pretenses of faith?

Active
New Heart English Bible
For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
With a lot of wisdom [comes] a lot of heartache. The greater [your] knowledge, the greater [your] pain.

JPS Tanakh 1917
For in much wisdom is much vexation; And he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

New American Standard 1977
Because in much wisdom there is much grief, and increasing knowledge results inincreasing pain.

Berean Study Bible
For as I have often told you before, and now say again even with tears: Many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.

Berean Literal Bible
For many are walking--of whom I have told you often and now I say even weeping--as enemies of the cross of Christ,

New American Standard Bible
For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ,

“and they don’t even know it” and for it is sad, because they do not know how precious it is in His sight and the more glory it will bring to our richness in His presence as we appears before His face in glory.

(2 Corinthians 4).

16We never give up. Our bodies are gradually dying, but we ourselves are being made stronger each day. 17These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing. 18Things that are seen don't last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. This is why we keep our minds on the things that cannot be seen.

Active
(Philippians 2).

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ isLord, to the glory of God the Father.

Active
Every being, every devil, every religion, every creature, in Heaven, on earth, in “Hades” and Death, everything that exists visible and invisible, must bow! He Rules NOW! Jesus is Lord!
That is What “Resurrection Sun-Day” means to the Christian Faith!
Where is the AMEN???