• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

There is no darkness in this world because The World is Dark and Jesus did not light up the World He is a light in a dark place.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Berean Study Bible
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death, a light has dawned.

New American Standard Bible
The people who walk in darkness Will see a great light; Those who live in a dark land, The light will shine on them.

New King James Version
The people who walked in darkness Have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, Upon them a light has shined.

Ephesians 5:8
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light,

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Isaiah 50:10
Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the voice of His Servant? Who among you walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD; let him lean on his God.

Jesus is a light in a "dark" place. Something like a candle walking in a "very Dark place" without a Star or Moon to give it a place. Have you ever been in a "forest" that was so dark you could not see your hands before you face or the barrel of your rifle in your hands. I have, and was lost! LOL, and there was Bears in the area! Because i fell asleep in a "State Forest"! "Swamp Land" It was so dark, when I turn on the flashlight the light blinded me.
I had to call on "Jesus"!

Loyal
Its an analogy dude. Those who dont live in the light (Jesus) are in darkness, but those who have the light and dont hide it under a basket, light up some small portion of the world. Jesus is the greatest Light, but if you arent looking for the light, you wont even see the Great Light of Jesus that IS found on this earth. There is more people in darkness than those in the light, but you are making it out that darkness rules.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Have you every walked on a dark night with a light or saw a light in a far distance: and you walked towards the light.

Isaiah 9:2
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death, a light has dawned.

[if the world is lit up, they would not be walking in darkness. and if the world is lit up how could they see a light?]

2 Peter 1:19
We also have the word of the prophets as confirmed beyond doubt. And you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

English Standard Version
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

I believe this world has become so dark, that we cannot see how dark it is. and that GOD the Father must destroy it. And the only way we get through it, is to stay on the path that has been lighted up By "The WORD of GOD". and we might tell others follow me as I follow Jesus who is the Light of the World.

would not you also say.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Remember Jesus is not here, He is sitting on the right hand of the Father making intercession for us. He sent the "Holy Spirit" to guide us. and "we walk by faith and not by sight" "for my sheep hears my voice and they will not follow another. The Word guides us into all truths"

John 16
"13When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you."

I would think the whole world would light up, if Jesus was here in His Glorified body and there would be need for the Sun for darkness would dissipate!