• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Word 4U 2day/Establishing priorities (2)

Staff Member
Establishing priorities (2)

''TEACH US TO USE WISELY ALL THE TIME WE HAVE.'' PSALM 90:12

As a kid, Tony Campolo says he spent many Saturdays at a famous museum called the Franklin Institute visiting Ed Bailey, the guy who ran it. Tony writes: 'His encyclopedic mind fascinated me. He knew something about everything... I was friends with Ed until he died. After a serious stroke I went to visit him... I told him all the places I'd been to speak and how I'd come right from the airport to see him.

He heard me out, then said, "You go all over the world to people who 10 years from now won't remember your name. But you haven't got time for those who really care about you." He continues, 'That...hit me hard and changed my life. I decided not to let all my time be used by people for whom I make little difference, while I neglect those for whom I'm irreplaceable.

One day a friend of mine got a call from The White House asking him to consult with the President. He said no, because it was a day he'd promised to spend with his granddaughter. The nation survived...the President didn't miss him, and his granddaughter had precious time with her granddad.' Somebody said that the main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!

In the Bible, David put it like this: 'Teach us to realise the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom' (Psalm 90:12 NLT). We all get 24 hours, or 1,440 minutes, or 86,400 seconds every day, and we must make the most of them. So ask yourself today how you're going to spend the next 24 hours.