• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Witness of Obedience

Staff Member
Dear Brothers & Sister, @Jakesoulsatstake @The Unprofitable Servant @spreadingtheGospel @TheTruthWithin37 @Lily Miller
I thought of you all in this.
Stay faithful.
Prayers with you all.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did. Genesis 6:22

The name Elohim conveys the idea of strength and power. Noah trusted that when God in His power told him to build a ship, he had better get cracking. And you know people gave him a hard time about it. Guy spends a century building a huge floating boxcar, hundreds of miles from the nearest ocean, and his neighbors are going to ask questions--mocking what they fear or don't understand.

And yet, Noah's obedience was a witness to all. Peter later called him a "preacher of righteousness" (2 Peter 2:5)--not because he literally preached but because his faithful work of building the ark was a daily warning that the world was doomed. Every day his plodding obedience shouted a warning to people.

Amid ridicule and a long wait, Noah would've taken comfort in David's words: "I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me. I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side" (Psalm 3:5-6).

When the world's bad news or your own hardships threaten to overwhelm you, sleep soundly, knowing that your God is sovereign and is watching over you.

Prayer: When I obey You, Jesus, I can rest peacefully, knowing that You have my back here and now and my future in the palm of Your nail-scarred hands.

Dear Brothers & Sister, @Jakesoulsatstake @The Unprofitable Servant @spreadingtheGospel @TheTruthWithin37 @Lily Miller
I thought of you all in this.
Stay faithful.
Prayers with you all.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

The name Elohim conveys the idea of strength and power. Noah trusted that when God in His power told him to build a ship, he had better get cracking. And you know people gave him a hard time about it. Guy spends a century building a huge floating boxcar, hundreds of miles from the nearest ocean, and his neighbors are going to ask questions--mocking what they fear or don't understand.

And yet, Noah's obedience was a witness to all. Peter later called him a "preacher of righteousness" (2 Peter 2:5)--not because he literally preached but because his faithful work of building the ark was a daily warning that the world was doomed. Every day his plodding obedience shouted a warning to people.

Amid ridicule and a long wait, Noah would've taken comfort in David's words: "I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me. I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side" (Psalm 3:5-6).

When the world's bad news or your own hardships threaten to overwhelm you, sleep soundly, knowing that your God is sovereign and is watching over you.

Prayer: When I obey You, Jesus, I can rest peacefully, knowing that You have my back here and now and my future in the palm of Your nail-scarred hands.
Thank you, for your kind words Nick.
I hope this finds you well.

@Christ4Ever

“Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. - Luke 17:26-28

"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37-39

The name Elohim conveys the idea of strength and power.
"But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:24

I found this verse you provided to be very interesting and confirming of what Jesus was talking about in Luke 17:26-28 & Matthew 24:37-39.

Continuing from 2 Peter 2:6-22 :
"...if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority...."

(What were the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah?)
"Behold, this was the sin of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness (laziness) was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy." Ezekiel 16:49

2 Peter 2:13-22 is quite sobering. Specifically 2 Peter 2:19-21

not because he literally preached but because his faithful work of building the ark was a daily warning that the world was doomed. Every day his plodding obedience shouted a warning to people.
And, likewise, we build the Kingdom of God, faithfully preaching through the Words of His Son Jesus daily.

Amid ridicule and a long wait, Noah would've taken comfort in David's words:
Now we take comfort in our Lord and Saviors Words; "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” - Matthew 7:24-27

and:

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my Words will never pass away." - Matthew 24:35

Because He has sent His comforter to remind us of what He said in John 14:15-27 :
“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. (John 14:23)

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:26-27)

I do appreciate this. Though, Jesus said these things are to be as we follow him.

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." - John 15:18-27

In peace and Love