• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The View From Here

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
So he went down and dipped seven times in the Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God; and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child, and he was clean. 2 Kings 5:14 NKJV

The king of Israel received a note from the king of Aram: “I am sending my servant Naaman to you so that you may cure him of his leprosy” (2 Kings 5:6 NIV). What did the king know about healing? Nothing!

Leprosy was a skin disease. Anyone with the disease was considered unclean. The king had an obligation he could not fulfill and an unclean man walking unchallenged in the streets.

The prophet Elisha heard about Naaman and invited him to drop by. Through God’s power, Elisha told Naaman how he could be healed: submerge in the Jordan River seven times and the leprosy will vanish. It did.

God’s grace was offered to someone who was a foreigner. This story is the sin price for all humanity. His love? No restrictions. His forgiveness? Available to all who confess.

This long-distance view of grace reveals a rescue plan that includes you. Forgiveness comes standard.

Prayer: Dear God, sometimes I think the Old Testament is irrelevant to me today. Thanks for healing Naaman so I could see that everyone on earth has reason to trust Your love and grace.