• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The U.S. Election is Almost Here

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
For all of us old enough to vote....Have you read the platform of each party? Do you know what each party stands for? Are you even going to vote?
Listen! If you choose not to vote, you have voted...for the worst party. All it takes for evil to prosper in the world is for good people to remain silent. Do your patriotic duty...God put you in America to make a difference...Vote! Read the platforms of each party because if you vote for a party that stands for abortion, you are accomplice to murder...If you vote for a party that stands for homosexuality, you are just as guilty of this abomination as the homosexuals....The man who drives a getaway car for a bank robbery is just as guilty as the man who does the actual robbery...and so it is.
Here is a little of what the Democratic party stands for....'Devout' Roman Catholic Tim Kaine Butchers the Bible and Embraces Gay Radicalism Will you be an accomplice?
Get to it people...Research and pray then vote

Active
America already embraced gay radicals when the churches remained silent and said nothing at laws allowing gay marriage to be legal.

If we are not for Him, we are against Him.

Arise, o sleepers!!! Rise up in the name of the Lord.

Loyal
I voted for Jesus today in my heart... When and If tomorrow becomes today for me I hope to stand fast with my vote.

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Give God the glory!

Loyal
I voted for Jesus today in my heart... When and If tomorrow becomes today for me I hope to stand fast with my vote.

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Give God the glory!
Oh won't it be wonderful to have Jesus as World President? Soon my friend

Active
Many gays reject the radicals. As do many feminists reject 'third wave' feminism. They are extra intrusive. Want to go beyond equal rights. I believe many gays do support Trump.

Staff Member
America already embraced gay radicals when the churches remained silent and said nothing at laws allowing gay marriage to be legal.

If we are not for Him, we are against Him.

Arise, o sleepers!!! Rise up in the name of the Lord.
Ah, sister! This goes even further back. It happened because unbeknownst to the sleeping sheep. The Shepard's who were wolves were already in the pulpit!

How difficult for the unrighteous to correct the sinner. They see the sin in themselves and instead of confessing it. They stay quiet and so allow others to sin, to theirs, and this Nations ruin.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
How difficult for the unrighteous to correct the sinner. They see the sin in themselves and instead of confessing it. They stay quiet and so allow others to sin, to theirs, and this Nations ruin.
"Those who see the truth as hate, hate the truth -- unknown.

Loyal
So who do we vote for? Trump...But America has already accepted gay rights....Hilary? We don't need any more junk government...who do we vote for and why should we vote for them?

Has anyone read their platforms besides me?

Loyal
View attachment 191

Had to share this. I've had it for a few elections now! Yet the thought is the same!
Wow! This is true but it's also a cop out for Christians. The doctrine that 'God is in control...Whatever God wants in the Earth will happen', but that is NOT Biblical..We have dominion and we choose the direction of our world. Jesus is our king only as long as we bow our knee to HIS WORD....Adam was the first to deny Jesus kingship when he bowed his knee to Satan as king of this world. If we acknowledge Jesus as king, then we have to honor His Word and walk in it, and take dominion in the Earth as He told us to.

Active
So who do we vote for? Trump...But America has already accepted gay rights....Hilary? We don't need any more junk government...who do we vote for and why should we vote for them?

Has anyone read their platforms besides me?
I would say Trump. I like him pushing free speech. We should all have the ability to refuse to bake cakes for gays and likewise have gays refuse to bake cakes for whomever. We should be able to disagree with whomever in peace. With all sides not imposing each others views harshly / abnormally on each other. No violence. No blocking highways with protests. Rofl. Insane how far many go to impose their ''equality''.

I want to say a Christian leader must enforce Christian priniciples harshly. But that would just not create an environment of free will. God tolerates sinners. We should too. But we should stand up for our boundaries / walls on our belief system. All this cherry picking of scripture is insane. If Obama / Tim Kaine miss quotes scripture they should be publicly corrected and apologize to Christians. This does not happen. This should happen. We should stop doing nothing about these attacks.

I think Hillary was a sweet lady back in the day. Today she seems so corrupted and just can't stop lying.

Staff Member
Wow! This is true but it's also a cop out for Christians. The doctrine that 'God is in control...Whatever God wants in the Earth will happen', but that is NOT Biblical..We have dominion and we choose the direction of our world. Jesus is our king only as long as we bow our knee to HIS WORD....Adam was the first to deny Jesus kingship when he bowed his knee to Satan as king of this world. If we acknowledge Jesus as king, then we have to honor His Word and walk in it, and take dominion in the Earth as He told us to.
Love you brother, but sometimes you let your passion run away with you. Was it the thought of the .jpg which I shared that upset you or what you believe it signifies about my "politics" or lack thereof of concern? :wink:

Dominion......humm.....
Genesis 1:28 would support that "Adam/man" is to have dominion over the earth. I can agree with this. However, the unbeliever is also of the line of Adam. What says they don't have as much right as the believer to have dominion over "this" earth?

Personally, I'm looking forward to New Heavens and a New Earth. As for this one...
But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:7

I'm sure you too await this these things. Unless of cause you believe that Jesus' return is predicated upon whether we (believers only) have dominion of the earth? I'm sure you don't because eschatology clearly is on the side of it getting really, really bad before His return.

Realize brother that I also, don't tell people not to vote. However, I would tell them to balance what these professing believers (Both have said they are believers at one time or another!) say against the word of God. That is the standard by which you will know them brother. I would also tell them to pray about it. Who better knows the heart of man or woman than our God? Allow yourself to be guided by the Holy Spirit on who to vote for or whether to vote for someone else entirely different or even not at all.

Dear brother I also shed tears for this country and the ruin it has become, which will see it getting much worse not better. I have been on my knees and on my feet with arms raised in front of the Capital building of my state praying for this Nation, these leaders who do not bend knee to the Lord. I would just ask that you don't insinuate that one is copping out, or doesn't bend knee to the Lord, because of "politics" or when we acknowledge that our King is more important to us than any Presidential Election.

YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Love you brother, but sometimes you let your passion run away with you. Was it the thought of the .jpg which I shared that upset you or what you believe it signifies about my "politics" or lack thereof of concern? :wink:

Dominion......humm.....
Genesis 1:28 would support that "Adam/man" is to have dominion over the earth. I can agree with this. However, the unbeliever is also of the line of Adam. What says they don't have as much right as the believer to have dominion over "this" earth?

Personally, I'm looking forward to New Heavens and a New Earth. As for this one...
But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:7

I'm sure you too await this these things. Unless of cause you believe that Jesus' return is predicated upon whether we (believers only) have dominion of the earth? I'm sure you don't because eschatology clearly is on the side of it getting really, really bad before His return.

Realize brother that I also, don't tell people not to vote. However, I would tell them to balance what these professing believers (Both have said they are believers at one time or another!) say against the word of God. That is the standard by which you will know them brother. I would also tell them to pray about it. Who better knows the heart of man or woman than our God? Allow yourself to be guided by the Holy Spirit on who to vote for or whether to vote for someone else entirely different or even not at all.

Dear brother I also shed tears for this country and the ruin it has become, which will see it getting much worse not better. I have been on my knees and on my feet with arms raised in front of the Capital building of my state praying for this Nation, these leaders who do not bend knee to the Lord. I would just ask that you don't insinuate that one is copping out, or doesn't bend knee to the Lord, because of "politics" or when we acknowledge that our King is more important to us than any Presidential Election.

YBIC
Nick
<><
Nick

Please allow me to answer you one point at a time here…

I said “Wow! This is true but it's also a cop out for Christians. The doctrine that 'God is in control...Whatever God wants in the Earth will happen', but that is NOT Biblical..We have dominion and we choose the direction of our world. Jesus is our king only as long as we bow our knee to HIS WORD....Adam was the first to deny Jesus kingship when he bowed his knee to Satan as king of this world. If we acknowledge Jesus as king, then we have to honor His Word and walk in it, and take dominion in the Earth as He told us to.”

OK I used the word ‘Christians’ That is not you…You are ‘Chrisitan’ singular. That means I was speaking of Christians in general and not targeting you… Entiende?

You said “Love you brother, but sometimes you let your passion run away with you. Was it the thought of the .jpg which I shared that upset you or what you believe it signifies about my "politics" or lack thereof of concern?

Answer…..I love you too…You’re my brother and I like it that way..

I do tend to speak the way I think, I’ll not deny that…and I say what I mean…I’m a word weaver (a writer)…Most, if not all word weavers speak, and write that way… I am not politically correct, not believing is such a thing.. and your politics is none of my business….I will love you anyway, whether we agree or not. What I saw in the jpg was a message that churches in general teach….that being…’We have no responsibility because God is in control.’ There is the cop out.

You said “Dominion......humm.....
Genesis 1:28 would support that "Adam/man" is to have dominion over the earth. I can agree with this. However, the unbeliever is also of the line of Adam. What says they don't have as much right as the believer to have dominion over "this" earth?”

Jesus called the Pharisees sons of the devil….John 8:44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Dominion was given to the children of God not to the children of the devil…

Yes…I suppose the unsaved are in the line of Adam, but they are NOT the children of God.... they are not children of covenant.. Jesus took that authority away from Satan and gave it back to His children…

You said “Personally, I'm looking forward to New Heavens and a New Earth. As for this one...

I'm sure you too await this these things. Unless of cause you believe that Jesus' return is predicated upon whether we (believers only) have dominion of the earth? I'm sure you don't because eschatology clearly is on the side of it getting really, really bad before His return.”

I’m not sure what eschatology has to do with it….I believe in Pretrib but….

You said “Realize brother that I also, don't tell people not to vote. However, I would tell them to balance what these professing believers (Both have said they are believers at one time or another!) say against the word of God. That is the standard by which you will know them brother. I would also tell them to pray about it. Who better knows the heart of man or woman than our God? Allow yourself to be guided by the Holy Spirit on who to vote for or whether to vote for someone else entirely different or even not at all.”

See we agree! LOL

You said “Dear brother I also shed tears for this country and the ruin it has become, which will see it getting much worse not better. I have been on my knees and on my feet with arms raised in front of the Capital building of my state praying for this Nation, these leaders who do not bend knee to the Lord. I would just ask that you don't insinuate that one is copping out, or doesn't bend knee to the Lord, because of "politics" or when we acknowledge that our King is more important to us than any Presidential Election.”

Please don’t ever think that I would pass judgement on you or anyone for such a thing as politics… I know that you, like other Christians love this country and are very patriotic…We are old enough to take our concerns to Father and seek His wisdom….Only fools would make such a move as voting without praying about it… I make enough mistakes that I would not risk jumping on you for any mistake, large or small…..

“if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear

Active
Christianity should be supporting Trump. He has genuine concern for the people and the nation. I believe boldness is needed, and our government can't buy TRUMP and stick him in their pocket of silence. He makes the crooks very nervous.

As for Hillary, she talks with her eyes closed. She testifies herself to what her heart holds; atleast she has the decency to close her eyes while she lies, like we can't discern the spirit that speaks.

Active
Quite amazing how passionate the supporters on both sides are. Makes one wonder how peaceful things will be post election. One thing is for sure, removing the illegal immigrants with criminal records will be quite an event. Have all the Trump supporters imagined this? And the reality of building a wall?

It makes me wonder what other 'abnormal' events are next. These two will cause his supporters to look to the next big event. Or maybe not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Curtis Devotionals 0
B Bible Discussions 145
NetChaplain Bible Discussions 0