• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The True Enemy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active

WORD OF THE DAY (— Ephesians 6:11 )

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

MEDITATE ON THIS ( Armour Up and Stand Firm )

When we look around our world, evil is all around us. Many things are happening in our society which reminds us that the spiritual forces of wickedness are working overtime. In Paul's days, such evil was prevalent as well (Ephesians 5:16). In his letter to the church at Ephesus, Paul warns the body of Christ to prepare for the evil day. He does this not by anchoring them to a political party, a psychological framework, an ethnic or racial group, or a philosophical perspective. Instead, Paul does this by reminding them that the real battle against evil is not against people (flesh and blood) but the spiritual forces of darkness in high places (Ephesians 6:11).

A short example illustrates this point. Hunters often put up decoys of birds to attract other birds/ducks to a particular location. Once fooled by the distraction and exposed to attack, the hunters fire their rifles and shotguns and kill the unsuspecting birds. Similarly, when we focus on people, who are ultimately not our true enemy, it leaves our backsides vulnerable to the spiritual attacks of the Devil (1st peter 5:8). The Devil then uses our misplaced focus to lead to discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance, and disorder (2nd Corinthians 5:20).

Similar to puppets controlled by the puppet master, we should be aware that people perpetrating evil are merely pawns in a more significant and more elaborate spiritual battle (1st John 5:9). With this point in mind, we can see how it makes sense for Jesus to encourage us to not only love our enemies but to pray for them and bless them too(Matthew 5:44).

Paul encourages us to put on the full armor of God which includes the helmet of salvation, breastplate of righteousness, sword of the spirit which is the word of God(Bible), the shield of faith(to quench the attack of the enemy), the belt of truth, and the sandals of peace (Ephesians 6:13-18). This spiritual battle requires much time in prayer (Ephesians 6:13-18) and much time reading God's WORD(The Bible). Let us recognize who our real enemy is and armor up so that we can stand firm in the days of evil.

Your brother in Christ, WNL

Thought for the week:

A spiritual battle requires spiritual warfare, armor up.

Prayer for the week:

Dear God, thank you for your armor which never fades. Thank you for your sword of truth which is never dull;
and thank you for your shield of faith which can withstand any attack. Remind me to focus on the true enemy so
that I will not be caught off guard and blindsided in the day of evil. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Active
WORD OF THE DAY (— Ephesians 6:11 )
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

MEDITATE ON THIS ( Armour Up and Stand Firm )

When we look around our world, evil is all around us. Many things are happening in our society which reminds us that the spiritual forces of wickedness are working overtime. In Paul's days, such evil was prevalent as well (Ephesians 5:16). In his letter to the church at Ephesus, Paul warns the body of Christ to prepare for the evil day. He does this not by anchoring them to a political party, a psychological framework, an ethnic or racial group, or a philosophical perspective. Instead, Paul does this by reminding them that the real battle against evil is not against people (flesh and blood) but the spiritual forces of darkness in high places (Ephesians 6:11).

A short example illustrates this point. Hunters often put up decoys of birds to attract other birds/ducks to a particular location. Once fooled by the distraction and exposed to attack, the hunters fire their rifles and shotguns and kill the unsuspecting birds. Similarly, when we focus on people, who are ultimately not our true enemy, it leaves our backsides vulnerable to the spiritual attacks of the Devil (1st peter 5:8). The Devil then uses our misplaced focus to lead to discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance, and disorder (2nd Corinthians 5:20).

Similar to puppets controlled by the puppet master, we should be aware that people perpetrating evil are merely pawns in a more significant and more elaborate spiritual battle (1st John 5:9). With this point in mind, we can see how it makes sense for Jesus to encourage us to not only love our enemies but to pray for them and bless them too(Matthew 5:44).

Paul encourages us to put on the full armor of God which includes the helmet of salvation, breastplate of righteousness, sword of the spirit which is the word of God(Bible), the shield of faith(to quench the attack of the enemy), the belt of truth, and the sandals of peace (Ephesians 6:13-18). This spiritual battle requires much time in prayer (Ephesians 6:13-18) and much time reading God's WORD(The Bible). Let us recognize who our real enemy is and armor up so that we can stand firm in the days of evil.

Your brother in Christ, WNL

Thought for the week:

A spiritual battle requires spiritual warfare, armor up.

Prayer for the week:

Dear God, thank you for your armor which never fades. Thank you for your sword of truth which is never dull;
and thank you for your shield of faith which can withstand any attack. Remind me to focus on the true enemy so
that I will not be caught off guard and blindsided in the day of evil. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
Amen
oh so needed that word thankyou so much
jesus_is_Lord !!!
and love the blue highlighted scriptures when u click on scripture
God bless you always x

Active
silly question WNL means x
WNL are my initials.

My name is Wala-Neh Labala.
I live in the USA but was born in Liberia.
Labala is my family name and my name Wala-Neh means "God's Child" in my native African dialect.
So my sister is Wala-Loh, God's love, and my brother, Wala-Zokeseh, God's Grace. Thanks for asking.

-WNL