• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The Threat of a Divided Heart

Staff Member
But Jehu did not obey the Law of the LORD, the God of Israel, with all his heart. He refused to turn from the sins that Jeroboam had led Israel to commit. 2 Kings 10:31 NLT

It’s tempting to think of Jehu as a king with an unprecedented opportunity for a clean start. He removed a violent and disobedient king. He waged war against the idols of the land. He had a loyal band of supporters. And yet, he failed to follow through on his reforms. Over time, his failures caught up with him, dividing his heart and sending his reforms off course.

When you’ve made a lot of progress in your life, it’s easy to drop your guard and lose the discipline that had been so helpful in the first place. Why go overboard in getting everything just right? In the case of today’s reading, a little bit of failure goes a long way.

Your heart will determine the course of your life. If you have a seed of rebellion or distraction in place, it may not take long for it to begin growing, talking root, and sending you in a completely different direction. Take a moment today to examine your heart for anything you’re holding back from God. Consider how you can be thorough and spiritually whole in your commitments to Him.

Prayer: Father, examine my heart and heal any divisions or diversions that could keep me from You.

Loyal
I just posted this elsewhere brother, but I feel it worth adding here, it fits with...

Take a moment to examine your heart...

Scripture teaches!
'Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith'.

It is not a one time prayer, it is a daily journey of self assessment to scripture, to God's way, God's commands.

When it comes to salvation, the world has missed the boat, yet they think they are sailing into paradise!

This includes many who think they are saved.

Bless you.