• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Teacher

Active
The Scripture refers to the Holy Spirit as "The Teacher." All knowledge that we receive from the Scripture comes through Him in one way or another. He has many ways to increase our knowledge in Scripture and therefore at the same time our relationship with Christ flourishes.

I'm relatively new to Talk Jesus, but I've been on the boards on various sites for 20+ years. The amazing thing I've found in one of the ways the Teacher works is on these boards.

For example, countless times in those 20+ years I have read posts on subjects that I had knowledge of, but all the pieces were not in place, I didn't quite understand all the Teacher wanted me to have. As I'm reading these various posts the Teacher points out the missing pieces of my understanding through John Doe's post. How many times have the missing pieces of our understanding been given to us by the Teacher through reading John Doe's posts?

I've had the same light bulb effect take place in my personal Scripture reading. Verses I've read many times all of sudden become the missing piece of my understanding by the Power of the Teacher.

It truly is amazing how He works, His desire that we learn from one another, although He is the One who teaches us all.

There are two particular verse of Scripture that stands out as I write.

Proverbs 1:23
"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you."

Proverbs 15:5
"A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent."

If you want to be taught by the Teacher, regard His reproof.