• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Steps of Faith.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
The Steps of Faith.

If no one can please God without faith (Heb 11:6), then it would be pretty important to know the steps of faith. Not only is faith a requirement to please God, whatever is done not of faith is a sin! (Romans 14:23)

Faith is not that problem when we feel we have no or little faith. A lack of faith is a lack of “information”. You can not believe in what you do not know, (no information) and you can not experience what you do not believe (lack of faith).

Information is a requirement before anyone can faith. Why? Because faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. (Romans 10:17) The Word of God is the “foundation” by which faith rests upon because that is where it comes from. Without the Word of God, there can be no faith. Since Jesus is the Word of God and he requires us to have faith in him, then that faith he requires is not something we have to try and conjure up in yourself. It is the “faith” that he gives us so we can have faith in him!

Information alone is not enough for faith to work. We must understand the information we have.
The only person who has faith working on their behalf is the man/women who understands what he/she believes! Jesus said that the ground which produced some 30, some sixty, some hundredfold return is the person who understands the seed (Word of God) which he has within himself! No one plants a seed and then digs that seed up. The seed must be planted, watered until it springs forth to produce it's fruit.

Spiritually, the only way to keep the seed of the Word of God within a person is to“understand” the “information” the Word (seed) gave to it's holder. Understanding of spiritual things has nothing to do with man's physical brain in his head. Paul said it was with the “heart” that man believes.(Romans 10:10) Jesus said it with with the “heart” that man “understands” (Matt15:13)

We might hear the Word of God and think we understand it, but the acid test is when this happens....

Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and UNDERSTANDETH IT NOT, THEN COMETH THE WICKED ONE, AND CATCHETH AWAY THAT WHICH WAS SOWN IN HIS HEART. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is HE THAT HEARETH THE WORD, AND UNDERSTANDETH IT; WHICH ALSO BEARETH FRUIT, AND BRINGETH FORTH, SOME AN HUNDREDFOLD, SOME SIXTY, SOME THIRTY.

When I was in high school I never learned anything useful, because I did not want to learn. All I wanted to do was play Rock, and Roll music in night clubs, and that is exactly what I did for years! Not until later in my lif,e I made a decision to want to learn, and then I went back to school and received A's.

Jesus said......

John 7:16 So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.
John 7:17 IF ANYONE'S WILL IS TO DO GOD'S WILL, HE WILL KNOW WHETHER THE TEACHING IS FROM GOD or whether I am speaking on my own authority.

Here is the secret to getting “understanding”. Before understanding will be given a person must FIRST decide he will do the will of God no matter what it is! If we say, “tell me what the will of God is FIRST, and then I will decide if I will do it! That person will not be given understanding! Jesus said, “seek and you will find, knock and it shall be opened unto you”. That requires a decision first to be willing to do what you discover!

Pro 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Pro 14:33 Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.

Wisdom, which is understanding rests in the heart of man not his brain in his head. No amount of logical analytical thinking can ever discover it, because it only comes from the mouth of God!

A man of faith has information that he understands from his heart, and his faith will always be at work for him which pleases God in everything he says, and does by faith!