• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Resurrection of the Body.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
The Resurrection of the Body.

The greatest hope that all Christians have is the return of Jesus Christ for his Church. When this happens we will all get brand spanking new spiritual bodies that look cool. There will be no un comely looking persons among us. This is what is called the “RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD” The word, “DEAD” means “CORPSE”. A corpse is a body. The resurrection of the dead is the resurrection of the body.

1Co 15:42 SO IT IS WITH THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. [THE BODY] that is sown is perishable and decays, but [the body] that is resurrected is imperishable (immune to decay, immortal). [Dan. 12:3.] (AMP)

We are waiting to know the redemption of our bodies!!

Rom 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves too, who have and enjoy the firstfruits of the [Holy] Spirit [a foretaste of the blissful things to come] groan inwardly as WE WAIT FOR THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODIES [from sensuality and the grave, which will reveal] our adoption (our manifestation as God's sons).

The body does not make up the whole man. Man is a spirit, who has a soul, and lives in a body. Notice, this is not talking about the spirit of man, because he (the spirit of man) has already been raised when Jesus Christ was raised from the grave.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, HATH QUICKENED US TOGETHER WITH CHRIST, (by grace ye are saved.
Eph 2:6 And HATH RAISED US UP TOGETHER, AND MADE US SIT TOGETHER IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS:

Col 3:1 IF YE THEN BE RISEN WITH CHRIST, seek those things which are above, where Christ
sitteth on the right hand of God.

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also YE ARE RISEN WITH HIM THROUGH THE FAITH OF THE OPERATION OF GOD, who hath raised him from the dead.

Obviously, our bodies have not yet been raised up, but it will be, when Jesus returns. This is a very interesting truth as we should be experiencing the Kingdom of God in which we are sitting in Christ in Heaven!! The flesh does does not prosper in this respect because it is still a part of this physical world, but not so with our hearts!!!

How many times have we heard this saying, “Well, you know what the Bible says, TO BE ABSENT FROM THE BODY IS TO BE PRESENT WITH THE LORD” We hear this all the time at funerals. That is kinda the truth as it is written here......

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and WILLING RATHER TO BE ABSENT FROM THE BODY, AND TO BE PRESENT WITH THE LORD.

We should read the previous scriptures that go along with this verse.

2Co 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
2Co 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight
2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

If we want to bring our presence (heart, spirit of man) into the presence of God we can not take our physical body, because while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord!!!!

In other words, we have to be absent from our body to be present with the Lord!!! Because we walk by faith, not by sight!!! Our two feet can not take us into God's presence.

2 Cor 5:8 We are always confident knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.

DO NOT MAKE YOUR HOME IN THE BODY!!! How does one make his home in the body? By walking in the flesh, walking by sight, and not by faith!!! The Apostle Paul tells us......

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But YE ARE NOT IN THE FLESH, BUT IN THE SPIRIT, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We are more willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Many years ago the Lord began to teach me these things. As i was driving home from work downtown LA at 3:am in the morning. I was praying in the Spirit.while driving on the freeway, and I was thinking of the things above, and all of a sudden I was caught up to the third Heaven. I was startled because, I was still fully aware of my physical surroundings, but I was also fully aware of my spiritual surroundings. I could not tell if I was in my body, or outside my body. I said to my self, "how can this be?" Immediately a 40 foot semi truck passed me by, and on the side of this truck had this saying, "Covenant Transportation" I laughed out loud!!! There is a transportation system set up in the New Covenant!!! Jesus was the one who set it up for us. It is called, "A New, and Living Way"!!!! (Hebrews 10:19-20) (Isa 35: 8 - 10)

It's new because it never existed before, and it is living because you don't have to die first to us it, and it is a "Way" "Highway" into our Heavenly Father presence!!!

The Apostle Paul had many many visions and revelations of the Lord when he was caught up to the third Heaven, and he could not tell whether he was in his body, or outside of his body!!
He did not just once in while have these revelations he willed to have them. Once Paul learned this from the Lord he prayed every single day, all the time for the Lord to show this to his Church!!! (Col 3: 1 - 4)

2Co 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I WILL COME TO VISIONS AND REVELATIONS OF THE LORD.
2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (WHETHER IN THE BODY, I CANNOT TELL; OR WHETHER OUT OF THE BODY, I CANNOT TELL: GOD KNOWETH:wink: such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Appearing in Glory with the Lord is the pinnacle of Christianity. This is the end results of becoming a mature child of God where God him self teaches us all of his ways, and where we can become partakers of his divine nature!!!

I know many believers will say to me “Brother, Curtis you are way out in left field somewhere” I would say to them, “ I am way way farther than left field. I am in this world, but my citizenship is in Heaven, and that is no where near this earth!!!”

Active
Yes Amen brother Curtis; God is so AMAZING.

When we set our heart on Him, He reveals His kingdom to us and now let that light shine forth before men.

It does not matter what man will say; hold what God has given you close in your heart. There is so much more He wants to give to us. Amen

All praise glory and honor be unto God Amen