• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Real Truth of the Word In Us

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Many Christians think that the truths in the Bible becomes a reality when they simply claim to believe but if you don't allow the Spirit of God to bring you into the manifestation of a living experience and agreement with His truth through actual transformation then such faith is only religious, meaningless and produces no power.

For example I see so many people claiming that they are crucified with Christ but have not experienced the reality of the work of the cross. To be saved by the grace of God into the level of salvation THROUGH THE CROSS OF JESUS is completely different than to answer the upward call of God in Christ through YOUR OWN CROSS.

This is a huge problem throughout the church but the Spirit of the Lord is going to bring the body of Christ through a reformation of the cross that Jesus instructed us to bear.

He never told us to take up His cross. He told His followers to take up their own cross and to follow His example of a laid down life of love and service in the kingdom of God.

Most Christians live for themselves and unto themselves because they are driven by their own fleshly appetites. Saved yes. Crucified no.

We are called to overcome by walking the road of the cross. It's a death of our former sinful way of life as we allow the Lord to crucify the works of the flesh.

Paul the Apostle spoke about this in Philippians 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but rubbish, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if indeed I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as would be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything you be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, to what we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them who so walk, since you have us for an example.

18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

20 For our citizenship is in heaven; from which also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our humble body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working by which he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

by my friend Peter Kirstein

Loyal
This is a huge problem throughout the church but the Spirit of the Lord is going to bring the body of Christ through a reformation of the cross that Jesus instructed us to bear.

He never told us to take up His cross. He told His followers to take up their own cross and to follow His example of a laid down life of love and service in the kingdom of God.

Most Christians live for themselves and unto themselves because they are driven by their own fleshly appetites. Saved yes. Crucified no.

We are called to overcome by walking the road of the cross. It's a death of our former sinful way of life as we allow the Lord to crucify the works of the flesh.
This is good. People think the way Jesus lived saves them.... but it comes down to how each one of us live.
Still... we can't get there without Jesus. (I know you aren't saying that).
But sometimes you hear people say the way you witness to people is by showing them love. That's a good start. But if you never tell them about Jesus...
they are still lost.

Active
Yea you got to mention Jesus cos he's the only name by which we are saved.
You also need to be baptized with the holy spirit because without Gods power in you it would be just your own effort, it would be like the lights are on but nobody's home.

Its sort of blindness and cowardly and even self-righteous to say that well since I'm such an exemplary christian people came to christ because of me. Well no, everyone comes to Christ because of Jesus. When Lazarus was resurrected he didnt just sit up and open his eyes and shout hallelujah, did he...he let go of his graveclothes and came forth. He walked and then followed Jesus and told everyone about Him

I think some people need to yield to God.

They might believe in their head but not their heart. We need to surrender everything to Him.
It seems problems in the church might stem from too much weary studying theology and not enough practical ministry. Jesus didnt just preach and teach in the synagogue...he went out fishing.

Belief is great but belief only is not faith.
Otherwise you might as well just sit in an ivory tower and write a novel and call it 'mere christianity'

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
I think Peter is referring to people who have already met Jesus...I know many many church Christians who think like he describes. They bought the fire insurance offered, but want to live as they want to live.
These Christians think that just because you ask Jesus into their hearts they are children of God. But the Word says;
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Becoming a son of God,(in Lanolin's case , a daughter of God) is not automatic. You become a son of God by faith...By obedience to His Word.......You get the picture. So just buying fire insurance from God does not get you into heaven. "Depart from me....I never knew you." See what I mean?

Active
Well if there was no effort on our part involved everyone could be christian by just saying some words.
But its not like that. It may be like that for muslims who just parrot a slogan and do five rituals and copy everyone else.

If you have a church thats into easy believism you might want to check that the pastor is more of a people pleaser than a God pleaser. It might be one of those churches were people tell jokes in the pulpit. Not taking faith seriously. Not taking the Word as Jesus commands.

Personally have met a few individuals who I have questioned are they truly born again. Maybe they just lack understanding or havent experienced baptism.

Just pray for them if its someone whos concerning you. Some people are just into religion because they want to belong to a group. Some churches can be like that, just a group to hang out with. Or maybe they are immature in their faith...if so...teach them or show them that theres a deeper walk they can have.