• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Problem with Tongue Cluckers

Staff Member
I also could speak as you [do], If your soul were in my soul's place. I could heap up words against you, And shake my head at you; [But] I would strengthen you with my mouth, And the comfort of my lips would relieve [your grief]. Job 16:4-5 NKJV

Tomorrow’s the first day of summer. Thoughts turn to beaches, mountains, road trips, and pools. Plants grow best this time of year. This is a time to be refreshed. Job may have longed for the benefits of summer, but he felt locked in a forever winter with three unwelcome guests.

Job’s friends wouldn’t give him the benefit of their many doubts. They were certain Job’s sin was the building blocks of his personal calamity. They wouldn’t let him vent without reprimand or ask questions without replies that amounted to a collective “Knock it off.”

When Job was given a moment to speak, he tried to place his shoes on different feet. If his friends were struggling—if they were in his place—he would encourage, comfort, and help them find relief. He wouldn’t shake his head, cluck his tongue, and tell them they were wrong for feeling pain.

Take Job’s ideas. Try them out. Encourage, comfort, and relieve a friend’s pain. They’re experiencing winter—bring summer with you.

Prayer: God, I’ve experienced winter in my spirit, and it’s a lonely place to exist. Help me remember this when I see pain in the path of a friend.

Active
I also could speak as you [do], If your soul were in my soul's place. I could heap up words against you, And shake my head at you; [But] I would strengthen you with my mouth, And the comfort of my lips would relieve [your grief]. Job 16:4-5 NKJV

Tomorrow’s the first day of summer. Thoughts turn to beaches, mountains, road trips, and pools. Plants grow best this time of year. This is a time to be refreshed. Job may have longed for the benefits of summer, but he felt locked in a forever winter with three unwelcome guests.

Job’s friends wouldn’t give him the benefit of their many doubts. They were certain Job’s sin was the building blocks of his personal calamity. They wouldn’t let him vent without reprimand or ask questions without replies that amounted to a collective “Knock it off.”

When Job was given a moment to speak, he tried to place his shoes on different feet. If his friends were struggling—if they were in his place—he would encourage, comfort, and help them find relief. He wouldn’t shake his head, cluck his tongue, and tell them they were wrong for feeling pain.

Take Job’s ideas. Try them out. Encourage, comfort, and relieve a friend’s pain. They’re experiencing winter—bring summer with you.

Prayer: God, I’ve experienced winter in my spirit, and it’s a lonely place to exist. Help me remember this when I see pain in the path of a friend.

(Shara, do not break out in haiku. Lol...)

I am very grateful for God in every season in our life. He doesn't judge us, and I pray that when others come to me I will listen without judgement as He would want me to.

Active
I think I would personally want to bring Spring... Spring comes after winter... New Life. I want to speak life into people, which is the Word of God.

Staff Member
(Shara, do not break out in haiku. Lol...)

I am very grateful for God in every season in our life. He doesn't judge us, and I pray that when others come to me I will listen without judgement as He would want me to.
Dear Shara :)
I also am grateful for a Loving God at all times. You are right that you shouldn't be judgmental, but test and judge you should! Never turn your nose up at another, but testing to see if what another is teaching or living is right is something that we as Christians should do. It will have you persecuted for being so, but you're in good company when it happens. The Bereans even tested Paul! They did right, and confirmed what was being told them was right!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><